Citizen Kane sucks

Wes

Rookie
I watched this just to say I saw it and man was that ever boring. Yeah, I get it, fancy shots throughout, still boring as hell. By the time it ended I didn't give a damn what rosebud meant.

To Kill A Mockingbird, now there's a classic! A great story and compelling characters.

Wes said:
I watched this just to say I saw it and man was that ever boring. Yeah, I get it, fancy shots throughout, still boring as hell. By the time it ended I didn't give a damn what rosebud meant.

To Kill A Mockingbird, now there's a classic! A great story and compelling characters.
Call me crazy but i think Wes is right here. Citizen kane is, for me, just a movie a hipster teacher can show off to his classroom hoping he'll get more respect from his fellow students. Totally given too much credit for its worth. And it's not the best of Orson Welles in my opinion even if it's his titular role and direction piece.

Now if we are talking about Ben-hur, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the wind or the very underrated "The grand Illusion" on the other hand...

If you don't know who Eric Von Strohein is i will not hate you, i will pity you...

Anyone who tells you Citizen Kane is their favortie movie of all time is just doing it to look smart. Citizen Kane is not my favourite movie of all time but I do respect it since it's a significant part of film history as it changed the way people look at films.

You wouldn't notice it today, but before Citizen Kane movies were filmed as if the actors were on stage performing a play. Orson Welles came up with innovative techniques to captivate the audience like never before. Using reflection from mirrors and various establishing shots, Citizen Kane quickly became the film to imitate and everything after followed the same formula. People had never seen anything like it, because it was 1941.

If you're wondering, the answer is yes, I had to write a paper on Citizen Kane back in college. You should be thankful I gave you the short answer. I also had to write one on Psycho, a movie that bored the class to tears and then ended with complaints such as "THAT WAS SO PREDICTABLE!"

It's so easy for people to misunderstand how times were different back then. You think kids took a look at pong back in the 70's and said "that looks so boring, I'm playing Skyrim."

WickedLiquid said:
Anyone who tells you Citizen Kane is their favorite movie of all time is just doing it to look smart. Citizen Kane is not my favourite movie of all time but I do respect it since it's a significant part of film history as it changed the way people look at films.

Make up your mind!

dwight.gif

ha! Kids in the Hall were so good.

I saw Psycho when I was about 9 and it scared the hell out of me. I had to shower with the curtain open.

I think people just identify it as a piece of "modern" filmmaking, but in reality it was a grand sweep of the entire industry that did that, not just one movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod