Canadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

madster111

Rookie
So, long story short the latest australian budget was just announced.
So now i'm weighing up staying, new zealand and maple syrup land. So, what's canada like these days? Jobs? Any stupid laws kicking around? What areas are shit and what are nice? Is healthcare properly free, etc?

Have fun with Canada

canada-snow.jpg

madster111 said:
So, what's canada like these days?
Warm and sunny, until mid-October.

Ubisoft just opened in Toronto. Vancouver seems to always be in need of IT guys, and Montreal is where the art's at. Plus Hollywood is always up here shooting something.

Any stupid laws kicking around?
Apparently you need a license to drive a car.

What areas are shit and what are nice?
The whole country is beautiful, seriously. Any and every major city has its ghettos though. And stay as South as you can, those territories up North don't screw around when it comes to the cold.

Is healthcare properly free, etc?
Yes.

My mate moved to Canada about 6 years ago now, he's loved it since and hardly looked back - not even to visit his mother! Silly sausage.

I went there once, and it was nice. Plus, you dont have to tip everyone and everything wherever you go - seriously America, sort that out - bullshit.

When it comes to country debates online, X vs. Y always = America.

Gotta love how foreigners compare their shit holes to some American occurrence that may or may not have even happened to them.

Mmmm...All that unnecessary resentment and rage. That's how you know we're still number #1, baby! Plus it's like they don't know I find it delicious or something.

jk, calm down. I'm gonna make a topic about your country now, because I think about yours everyday, the same way you think about mine.

Incoming topic in 3..2..1...never. Annd...that's how you know.

I went to Canada to party with my canadian friends when I turned 19. It was one of the best times of my life. I would enjoy working in canada.

And there it is. The TYPICAL foreigner's response anytime you call them on their bullshit logic, complete with the passive aggressive emoticon. You'll get this sort of "smarter than you" hurr durr reaction 10/10 times.

er, i mean "Boy! You sure played me like a fiddle!"
There. Is that what you want? It sure seems to be.

I wish real life was more like an online American discussion, because I can pretty much foretell the future anytime a country debate goes on.

Hey, European dude, just keep America out your Australia or Canada discussions. We didn't ask for this, we didn't even want to be here, so please...stop. J-Just stop already. We've gotten too old for this bullshit.

Alas, sigh...We'll see you next time.

(somehow, America's to blame for this)

Canada is alright. Don't live in Hamilton, Peterborough or Brantford and you'll likely enjoy it! Montreal and Vancouver are definitely two of the best cities there. Go to Montreal and you'll be sure to put the pussy on the chain wax.

Canada sounds pretty cool!

I once tried to apply for a job at Bioware in Montreal to be a video editor... didn't hear anything. I'm guessing the guy/girl who got the job is probably a total boss at video editing.

I also need to make a decent show reel and portfolio instead of saying "available upon request", ha ha! :p

I also want to add that it's almost a universal feeling that where you live sucks and there is always somewhere better. You Aussie's want to come to Canada but if I was 10 years younger i'd have said don't bother cause it sucks here. Australia on the other hand is a place I would love to visit and an ex coworker of mine who moved there says it's beautiful.

Unless you're living in a third world country or a low-class neighbourhood I doubt where you are is as bad as you think it is. The problem is we just get bored of the same thing and crave some excitement.

Lethean said:
Don't live in Hamilton, Peterborough or Brantford

Hahaha yeah and don't forget Oshawa, I'd say that's worse than all 3. Basically if you're going to be in Southern Ontario then live in Toronto. If you want a real Canadian experience pick another province. I suggest either the west coast or the east

WickedLiquid said:
Lethean said:
Don't live in Hamilton, Peterborough or Brantford

Hahaha yeah and don't forget Oshawa, I'd say that's worse than all 3. Basically if you're going to be in Southern Ontario then live in Toronto. If you want a real Canadian experience pick another province. I suggest either the west coast or the east.

London isn't bad either.

I know Green Lantern but not all of us were perfect in our moody teens, or as jaded 20-somethings, or mid-life crisis adults :p

And I forgot about London. Pretty good for a city that borders Detroit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle