Camping in FPS's: good or bad?

Do you aprove of "camping" in FPS's ?

• Yes, it is a clever way for killing enemies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is for a bunch of cheap bastards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Camping is good if you are the camper. Bad if your the victim. The thing about camping is that if you sit there enjoying your killing spree, everyone knows where you are. It won't be long until the opponent closes on you and bashes you in the head with an assault rifle.

I also agree on the point of spawn camping. It is bad.
Those who do it should be killed and have their opponent continually press the crouch button while standing over their corpse.

That's the trade-off though. If you're stubborn and want to stay in one point for the entire game--you're going to have to accept that someone is eventually going to come along and kill you--eventually.

Now I'm interested to see people react to how certain snipers move from one high-up-and-out-of-the-way location to the next to keep their whereabouts unknown.

AcidTrip said:
That's the trade-off though. If you're stubborn and want to stay in one point for the entire game--you're going to have to accept that someone is eventually going to come along and kill you--eventually.

Now I'm interested to see people react to how certain snipers move from one high-up-and-out-of-the-way location to the next to keep their whereabouts unknown.
It's legit. It makes it realistic. Snipers in real life try to keep their position inconspicuous (obviously, it would cost them their lives) and move from one out of place area to another. It's just utilizing the tool you're given. Sniper rifles are long range weapons, why wouldn't you want to be far away?

Kool_Aide_Man said:
If they do it the entire game, then yes it's cheap, but if they actually switch up their strategies to fit what's going on in the game, then it's a legitimate technique.
Agreed, Whole game hen NO ver very very cheap, and just shows you can't coup with fast paced action, but if your a sniper, and you mix it up some by moving around, and looking for tha perfect shot, raher hn waiting for it to come to you, then yeah its cool. If you just wait for it to be dumped n your lap, what are yu saying about yourself as a gamer?

What people don't seem to realize is that Sniping, even in a video game, does take skill. You need to time it right and be able to steadily follow a moving target (that is hopping around like a fucking jack rabbit on steroids--Halo we're talking here). Sniping is a game in and of itself, because the more frantic the person you're trying to shoot is, the harder it becomes to predict where they'll be next to get a good head shot.

I think, really, the ones who really look down on sniping (even for the entire game) are those who can't do it themselves.

true true, nothing wrong with camping out though, get tired of all that running around, applying real life combat tactics to a game is pretty reasonable, you wouldnt run out into battle with only one life right,,

I'm a pretty poor sniper when it comes to console gaming but pretty good when it comes to pc. I've been on both sides of the fence here and I have to agree with Acidtrip, sniping takes precise accuracy, timing and a certain amount of skill.

I always use to bitch about the AWP in CS, I was all like, "OMG you AWP you suck, that weapons so cheap." Then after I thought about, I figured if you can't beat em join em, so I practiced with it and got better.

But as for personal preference, I usually don't camp, I find it somewhat boring and plain sitting there. If I do snipe, I'll scoot around and since were talking about Halo I usually like running and gunning. It is a lot more exhilarating going face to face guns blazing while dodging bullets and grenades.

While I don't really approve of camping, there is a difference between leaving your base and seconds later, a sniper shot you in the head,

and get shot in the head the exact minute you leave your base or getting surrounded.

Camping is fine in some cases, (even though I don't like it) if you don't like it, you don't have to like it. Snipers are supposed to be long range. Only way to get rid of a camping sniper is to use another sniper. Or at least attach a scope on your AR and switch the firing-mode to single fire.

If you're getting killed by a camping sniper multiple times, that's your fault for not doing something about it. Especially since most FPS games have kill cameras, (which I despise the most) you can't complain, "Oh! I don't know where he is!!"

Admittly, there are some methods such as camping I don't approve of, but I still do it half the time 'cause I'm not really skillfull against other players since most of them are really good. That and sometimes it's the whole, 'you did it first' thing. I usually camp with LMGs and just shoot everyone that comes out. Or get an AR and sit tight behind a wall. (Rainbow Six)

One thing's for sure though, you should remember that some games give you a temp. invincibility (which only lasts about 2-3 seconds) so you have that much time to get rid of those cockroaches.

AcidTrip said:
I think, really, the ones who really look down on sniping (even for the entire game) are those who can't do it themselves.

In some cases. I'm not good at sniping but it's still my favorite weapon.

I'll camp if the other team leands itself to it, if they want to run in guns blazing into key areas, yes i'll camp

example, halo 3, valhalla, i'll fucking camp there man cannon landing point from the crashed pelican area, and pick up 8 or so kills before they catch wise, theres a multitude of other ways to that point, but they're impatient and use the same, fastest way every time

looks good on them

Well, it's a matter of perspective. If you do it the whole time, it's cheap, and makes you look like a noob. (ESPECIALLY on Counter Strike: Source) But, if you do it every now and then, to get a couple of kills in, but you still tend to variate what you do, it becomes a useful technique.

And that's where I disagree with you. People who tend to work and act and communicate like a real team would have designated snipers, grenadiers, heavy arms and scouting parties. There's nothing wrong with setting up a defensive perimeter around your flag or capture point or whatever the objective is. That's actually the whole point... to make sure the other team doesn't get what you have.

So really my question is, why punish those who can work together?

Why? Well, firstly, I agree with you. But, the main reason, which is actually very pathetic, is that most people on these FPSes are extremist noobs. They would rather bum rush than use tactics, and they think YOU'RE the noob when you do the latter. So, rather than using tactics all the time, (which will probably get you banned by the noobs running the server) just variate it a bit.

So basically you feel that people shouldn't always use efficient tactical assaults because they might get called noobs and banned from the servers? Damn, that's some logical thinking. If you can't stand campers, do something about it. Some chump was camping in Isolation near where the sniper rifle was so i snuck up behind him and assassinated him. It's not difficult to counter campers considering you know where to find them.

All I am saying, is that people won't do that. I would, but the majority of the people on these games would rather just ban you. AND THEY DO. So, hey, use tactics, GET BANNED. It's not how I want it, but that's how it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod