Best of 2006

Discussion in 'Support' started by braiiin, Jan 12, 2007.

1. braiiin

braiiin Rookie

I would like to hug you fine people for giving "Game of the Year" to Okami and having the balls to leave Zelda; TP and FFXII off the top 5. I played all three and Okami is the only one that'll remain in my library for good. Not that Zelda and FFXII weren't fine games just not pivital in any way. Sure Link could turn into a Wolf and Vaan could attack without the touch of a button but the "more of the same" factor really took over both games for me. This is slightly biased as I only played about 10 hours of Zelda (all I could take) and 40 hours of FFXII (which I still plan on finishing). But thank you again for recognizing the "under dog" (kill me) in this category which will surly be Zelda's across the board on other media.

2. Joe_Dodson

Joe_Dodson Rookie

We worked really hard on that, thank you for the kind feedback.

3. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Yeah, I really enjoyed those awards too. I would have thought you'd have given something to Resistance as well, perhaps some sort of 'GR Tools of Carnage award' for having such 'out there' weapons.

4. JCD

JCD Rookie

I think it was a pretty good. Everything seemed to be in the right place. Apart from Gears and Vegas. RSV is much better than Gears. Much better. No, really, it is way better.

5. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree.
    I like how you gave MGS:pO the props it deserves. It is funny how many other places did the "Best Of '06" before 06 was over and MGS was out.

6. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Yeah i rather enjoyed this years year end review. It was much better than gamespot's. I also like the props you gave to viva pinata, though i must ask, have you seen their amazing commercial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F71OpJDl6w

7. Ben

Ben Rookie

Hey, great work guys. Looks good. Clearly well thought out.

Wait a minute...Metroid Prime Hunters and Syphon Filter make the Top 5, but Oblivion doesn't? WHAT KIND OF NEW MATH ARE YOU PRACTICING?

I take it all back. They were right all along, this website does suck.

*weeps single, joyless tear*

Back to being at large,
    Ben

8. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

Resistance sucks imo. Typical of the dev's that made it - lack of substance covered up by tons of weapons. It looked like Call of Duty 2 visually, and played like every other FPS.

I agree for the most part with the awards. I do wish more went to Oblivion however.

9. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!!! :shock:

Anyway, while I am slightly deflated that Zelda AND Oblivion did not make the top 5, I have to say that the list is well made and Okami definitly deserves it. Credit to GR for a good list :)

10. ROH_mark

ROH_mark Rookie

I thought they gave out awrads for fighting games?

11. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

In the "Editor's Choice" category, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is listed as a PS2 game. Just so you know..

Good list, by the way. I think I need to give Okami another shot. I got overly bored with it and quit about seven hours in.

12. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

You know what's coming next, right?

Game Revolution's Worst of 2006 awards

13. braiiin

braiiin Rookie

Their is a small hump in Okami that needs a little patience to get over, around 6 thru 10 hours. But I assure you, Its stays pretty exciting after that. I wish Clover Studios wasn't shut down so we could get another Okami.

I'm now very excited for the Worst of 2006, hope some bold slander will be included. Like admitting that the FFIII remake for the DS is a bad port. IMO, don't trash me please!

14. dUKE

dUKE Rookie

whoa, never seen that viva pinata commercial. creeeeepy.

ready for the worst of, joe? i nominate "left behind". praise jeebus!

d

15. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

No offence, but I totally saw that coming. Perhaps this time you should give warning to all GR members that the server may run sluggish for a few days after you do put up the Worst of 2006 awards. Y'know, because all that hate-mail will really clog up the system.

16. JCD

JCD Rookie

^ That really annoyed me. At some points, I couldn't even get on the site!

But really, the jokes over now, we all now the game was piss-poor so maybe you should just leave it alone. By all means put it in the worst game list, but causing more controversy with any..... comments would be a bad move, for everyone.

17. Voxen

Voxen Rookie

I like the list, though I was surprised to see that the Wii didn't get more of a nod. Okami definetely deserved the top action spot over Zelda; I couldn't even get all the way through Zelda before calling it quits. Really, after you get over the novelty of using the remote like a wand, you start to realize that your just doing the same old stuff you always did but with a funky controller. Okami, on the other had, actually had some gameplay innovation in it that made it alot fresher.

Also, did anyone else find that little, slightly sexualized cat thing in Zelda disturbing?