Are there actually any 13 year olds here?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Mod-Chip, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

Look I get it, trying to instigate shit by acting all mature and pious, I do it all the time, but you can not sit back, look at the group we have, and say "yes look how we handle mature topics so well, clearly this is a group destined for more mature subjects".

If you truly have a burning desire (I'll refrain from making an std joke in regards to your gangbang prowess) to discuss these matters, there are plenty of forums to do so, go join them, or PM other willing participants and discuss it that way, this on the other hand is undeniably stupid. regardless of how many fancy words you cover it with.

2. Mod-Chip

Mod-Chip Rookie

Instigate...discussion? Also you might do well to look up the definition of pious. It does not mean what you think it means.

I think the point that is being missed here is that this forum wouldn't be created for the express purpose of discussing 'gangbangers' or 'drug trips'--I can easily imagine a cornucopia of topics--yes, even some that will interest you--that aren't currently amenable with the 13-year old rule we have.

I've already addressed the uselessness of a PM method of communication (care to read previous posts before diving into the fray?). Of course I can go to other forums and discuss these topics, and quite readily--that's not the point. The point is to expand the availability of possible conversation topics to a user set whom I've grown to appreciate, and whose age-demographics are clearly spot on.

Stupid how? Qualify your statement.

Cover what up? My decision to choose the words I use is based on my desire to communicate my message in mature, certain terms. If you have an issue with it, I suggest picking up a dictionary.

3. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

pious while not the best fit can be used

practiced or used in the name of real or pretended religious motives, or for some ostensibly good object; falsely earnest or sincere: a pious deception.

excluding the religious qualities of the definition, you're not being earnest with your discussion, your simply using the idea of promoting discussion as an attempt to legitimize your point, however I'll yield the point to you for proper use of the language, seeing as it wasn't really a point I cared for

You're completely ignoring the targeted demographic for this website, it's a video game forum last I checked, and while honest debate and discussion does occur, the target audience is not people who want to talk about assfucking as many women as possible.

Secondly you overlook the fact that advertisers could pull money if they see the website as a breeding ground for seedy elements

Your topic was closed and now you're just trying to be a pain in the ass, there really is no grounds for this, and over-all despite your best efforts still makes you look childish, the rules have been set, and if you prefer to communicate with others who share your desire to communicate on the same subjects can take it elsewhere. The forum is not here to cater to you, me or anyone else specifically, it's designed to encompass and welcome the selected target audience, again if it bothers you, go the fuck elsewhere

and you of all people really need to stop with the "it doesn't mean people will be childish." History shows neither you or me are so inclined to "take the high road and be mature"

however, I give up, partly because I don't give a fuck and this conversation is going to lead to nothing, and partly because your attempt to seem mature is completely undone by anyone who knows your posting history and is a weak, very weak sham. Go to 4chan, go discuss mature topics with them

4. Mod-Chip

Mod-Chip Rookie

How am I not being earnest? What you're saying is that I'm leveraging "the idea of promoting discussion to legitimize my point", but that point is exactly what I want, which is promoting discussion. I suggested the possibility of a 60 day trial period to see if such a forum is viable, which should alleviate any concerns of my purported dishonesty, which is baseless.

Again, I've addressed this before...you really should read previous posts before diving in. Not doing so is lazy, and a waste of everyone's time.

This is a legitimate concern, which is why I intend to go over the terms of service to make sure that it's within reach.

A pain in the ass? I'm pitching this idea and trying to see if there is interest for it/if it's within the realm of possibility. I'm not seeking to offend anyone, and I'm sure as hell not going to whine about anything. I am in complete agreement with the mod who deleted my thread, and have stood by his decision--at no point have I said that it was unfair/unreasonable.

That's what rules are for! And they (for the most part) work.

Perhaps it's time you acquaint yourself with a term known as "dissociation". My posting history has as much to do with the validity of my argument as doorknobs have to do with mermaids.

-BBK

P.S. I love you too, Icepick =)

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

:lurk:

6. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Like what? Not trying to argue or anything, just genuinely curious as to what would be discussed in such a section that we don't already talk about in misc.

7. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

Like... how we gangbanged a girl last Thursday.

8. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Thanks for the input BBK, your ideas will be sent to a special file in Palo Alto where it can be reviewed by GR and then rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.