Another topic based on a recently released game (Bayonetta)

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Anyone got this?

I picked it up yesterday. At first it is seriously like, "what the fuck is going OOOONNN?!!!!"

But then after a while they explain enough that you get the jist, and then you get seriously into it. It's one of those amnesia stories. She cant remember what the fuck happened 20 years ago and she pieces it all together as you progress. It's good though, because there's more than one past story. There's the main one in why Bayonetta was buried in a coffin at the bottom of a lake and shunted to exile etc. Then there's another where you meet this guy who thinks Bayonetta killed his father, and she cant remember that either. Even the horrifically girly music they play throughout grows on you.

The action, graphics and scenarios you find yourself in are seriously immense. On the very first bit of action, you're fighting a load of "angels" on big piece of rubble that's twisting, turning and plummetting to the earth!

And there's ass....lots and lots and lots of ass in latex! >listens to Urban storm out to the game store in horny pace<

Edit: I covered your spoilers MattAY you arsehole :p - Lethean

I played the demo and was not impressed. It felt like every other DMC clone. The music was lame and her losing clothes for every combo was a cheap gimmick that was also pretty lame. What's so great about this game that it's gotten a B+ here and great reviews almost everywhere else? Is there something I'm missing that the demo lacks?

It wasnt a spoiler. That's the story at the beginning! - Arseholes :p

The music is a massive let-down. And I'm an epic fan of DMC, so that may be why I love it!

My friend picked it up and beat the normal mode in a weekend. He's going back through the harder difficulties.

I think the game is unique. Sure, it has a repetitive nature, but that doesn't take away the fact that you aren't fighting on the usual flat terrain. I like that certain stages have you fighting on a three-dimensional moving platform.

And yes, there is a lot of fan service, but there is also some strategy involved. Do you go with the 4 pistols, or switch to rocket launchers? Do you use witch time to kill a few enemies or save it for the boss.

If you like pretty games and/or the typical Japanese plot of "You have to fight Heaven/God" with gratuitous fan service and random dancing, then this game is for you.

Just completed it. It was the most awesome and fun game I've ever played! Just got better and better.
I wont spoil it, but at one point in the game you're riding on a motorbike up the side of a rocket heading for outer-fucking-space!!

I need to get this game on 360, since my friend who has it on the PS3 has been saying nothing but good things about it.

And the PS3 one is supposed to suck compared to the 360 version.

She loses her clothes because, if you havent guessed by now, they gave the game a sexy theme.

Also, her clothes turn into a FUCKING DRAGON THAT EATS EPIC BOSSES! Focus on that awesome part if anything!

Oh, and yes I am a horny boy - it's how I get laid.

They didn't show the dragon bit in the demo did they?

Either way, I guess I just get irritated with the exploitation of the opposite sex and how we're supposed to just be like "dude her tits and ass are showing. this shit is hot."

Granted, I don't think you're a pervert at all MattAY and I'm certainly not judging anyone who likes Bayonetta. I just think it's excessive in the media sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle