(500) Days of Summer

WickedLiquid

Regular
After having many people recomend this movie I finally saw it, and it was fantasic. I would list it as one of the best movies of 2009.

I'm sure some of you guys caught it, did you like it?

Yes I've seen it too. Wasn't it kinda like a chick flick for guys though? Like Steel Magnolias for men? Oh maybe I shouldn't go that far, but it's like how American Beauty was a guy's power movement movie.. if you understand what I'm trying to convey..

Like, you'll feel empowered afterwards to take on the world! if you're a guy that is.

um. But yes, I would recommend this movie to anyone. Good writing and good acting that comes together for a great story.

For best results, watch this when dating someone new. and Good music too

Yeah, I guess it is a bit on the "chick flick" side of things. I could relate to the main character a lot though so it worked for me.

I hate romance movies and chick flicks but I loved this. Probably because it was from the males point of view and, like I said, I could relate to the guy from beginning to end.

No yeah that's what i meant. It's the guy's version of a chick flick.
Yeah, same same.

the karaoke scene was pretty cool. there was lots of good music in here

Yuppers, and the ending where he finds a new girl made me realise my ex wasn't "the one" who I was suppose to be married to (She married some other guy). She just wasn't meant to be. There are other fish out there, you just can't believe it until you're ready. And that makes me feel all happy inside, haha.

that's good.

There needs to be more movies like this. understated yet extremely over with the guys. yeah, It is an eye opener.

I thought it was amazingly well written, and great overall. People call it a chick flick for guys, but it really wasn't. It's just a love story, from only the guy's perspective. Very unique, and I highly recommend.

JGL is a total cutey as well, which doesn't hurt.

This is a great topic, and it isn't that I'm not posting in it- I just want to see the movie first. It is on my Netflix Queue!

Excellent movie because it was original. It told a story that many guys can relate to I'm sure; I know I did. What I liked is that that story happens all the time but is seldom expressed in film.

DocMoc said:
Excellent movie because it was original. It told a story that many guys can relate to I'm sure; I know I did. What I liked is that that story happens all the time but is seldom expressed in film.

Exactly!!

I saw it in theatres and enjoyed it. I guess you could call it a "dick flick", though i'm sure that implies some other types of movies as well, but I won't go there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod