Grand Theft Auto V is our forum GOTY 2013!

My current tally is 5-11 GTA V

Am I counting wrong?

Yo Tomb Raider... Imma let you finish dog, but GTA V was the highest grossing game of all time.

kanye-west.jpg

Wes said:
GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records

Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

So can we please stop with the "i'm too cool to like a mainstream game". Take it to Starbucks hipsters.
Well shit, I didn't know that Fifty Shades of Grey was the best book ever written. I mean, it must be, since it's both the fastest and the best selling book of all time.

madster111 said:
i can't be a cute little girl who kills easier than a 3-tour veteran and takes hits better than most anime mechs.
I say we make Madster's dream of becoming a woman a reality! Who's ready to start the Kickstarter campaign?

Longo_2_guns said:
Wes said:
GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records

Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

So can we please stop with the "i'm too cool to like a mainstream game". Take it to Starbucks hipsters.
Well shit, I didn't know that Fifty Shades of Grey was the best book ever written. I mean, it must be, since it's both the fastest and the best selling book of all time.

We're gamers, this is a gaming forum, and we were all excited like little school girls when GTA 5 was released. If you need to try to form your own identity by hating the things people enjoy then that identity has already been taken and labelled as "hipster".

The fact that you would bring 50 Shades of Grey into this is hilarious. Who at GR gives a shit about books? The only book discussion in this place is on comic books... Comic book movies. Or were you just looking for the highest grossing whatever to try to look smart and that's the best you could do?

You obviously hate whatever is popular just like the majority of this place. Yet you fail to understand why these things are popular because you're so self absorbed that you are incapable of looking at things from the other perspective.

Wes said:
The fact that you would bring 50 Shades of Grey into this is hilarious. Who at GR gives a shit about books? The only book discussion in this place is on comic books... Comic book movies. Or were you just looking for the highest grossing whatever to try to look smart and that's the best you could do?
No, I brought it up because it's the fastest selling book of all time, and it's generally regarded to be pretty much crap. The point I'm making is that the idea that just because something is popular automatically makes it the best is just as stupid as not liking something just because it's popular. Popularity and quality don't always have a lot to do with each other.

I could have used Call of Duty for this too, but that example is played out.

used44 said:
UrbanMasque said:
How much was spent to make 50 shades, vs what it took in?

Not sure I get the point

Investment in production quality and content development and replayability (in time and cost) vs. what it hauled in.

50 shades of grey trilogy took 18 months to make in its entirety (by a first time novelist)

Ok I have an idea.

Urban stand up against the wall, Lethean stand beside him. Now i'm gonna draw a line about 10 feet in front of you. The person who can piss that far first wins.

WickedLiquid said:
Ok I have an idea.

Urban stand up against the wall, Lethean stand beside him. Now i'm gonna draw a line about 10 feet in front of you. The person who can piss that far first wins.

im-black.jpg

I don't know if i should be laughing or be sad to see the comments under that video has been turned off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle