Grand Theft Auto V is our forum GOTY 2013!

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey folks, the end is here! We are actually going to end this by February maybe.

Your final matchup is Grand Theft Auto V vs. Tomb Raider

Which game do you feel should be GR Forum's official GOTY 2013?

Please vote below.

...that's it? no cool picture? no funny gifs? no fireworks? Just a text?

Aww well.

Tomb Raider.

The GTA V hype went down for me. I found Tomb raider to be more memorable as a whole.

I'm gonna say GTAV. I don't own either, and I've never played a GTA game before, but there's a few reasons why it has my vote.

For one, it's entertaining to watch other people play, and do funny stuff. Vanoss and his "special" friends goofing around with stuff like jet engines and rascals is pretty entertaining. Second, it's stayed true to its namesake. Tomb Raider changed a little too much. It is fun to watch new Lara get impaled through the head over and over, though, I'll give it that.

I just downloaded Tomb Raider Used! WAIT A WEEK!

Porbably gonna vote for the ol' GTA V, me little beauties!

Seems a little cliché giving it to GTA 5 when there were better games this year. I mean don't get me wrong GTA is beautiful, funny, edgy and chaotic but the game is more quantity over quality. You can race but it's not the best driving game, you can golf but it's not the best golf game. You can do lots of stuff but it's just there so you can do it. Meanwhile almost every other game in this competition offers a lot less but it's still the best at what it does. That might not be true for the games I didn't play, but I can say it for sure about the ones I did.

Again, i'm not crapping on GTA V because I don't hate it. It's an open world game so naturally there's supposed to be tons of stuff that doesn't add anything and you can just waste your time doing. But does that make it game of the year? I don't think so.

However i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place since I haven't played Tomb Raider. And Lethean doesn't even care to help promote it so that tells me it's not even all that great to begin with (heh heh).

So really, I can either not vote or vote GTA V. And why write all this if i'm not even going to vote?

GTA V because it ain't half bad.

Yeah and it ain't half good either OH-HO-HO-HO
old-critics-o.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod