Grand Theft Auto V is our forum GOTY 2013!

Tomb Raider

GTA is merely a manifestation of your deepest desires that you will never get to experience in your lackluster lives.

UrbanMasque said:
213EDD said:
Tomb Raider

GTA is merely a manifestation of your deepest desires that you will never get to experience in your lackluster lives.

..and tomb raider is....?

Male dominated swashbuckling fantasy about a english adventurer with an adequate bra size but still manages to have more fleshed out female characters than every woman in GTA combined.

WickedLiquid said:
Checkmate.

I'm really, really surprised to see that The Last of Us is not in the final round, but okay, I can cope with this. I think. I hope.

Grand Theft Auto V versus Tomb Raider... God damn it. God damn you guys. :p Both games were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed them both...

Tomb Raider doesn't have the best storyline of all time and while it does borrow elements from other games, it was still a lot of fun to play. I've played and finished Tomb Raider on both PS3 and PC (it felt ridiculously easy on PC due to the mouse) and it is a great game. It feels like a mix of the Uncharted games and Far Cry 3. Tomb Raider had such fluid controls too.

Grand Theft Auto V is an absolutely massive game with so much to do. Just because there's a lot to do though, doesn't make it great. I kind of feel that GTAV is a "jack of all trades" kind of game. So much to do, that you don't have to do. In saying that, the heist missions are absolute thrills, being able to switch between three characters at will is fun and having skills/abilities to work on is cool too. I hated the characters (especially Trevor) but they all grew on me strangely. The cut scenes and dialogue was so well performed too.

"Yo can a n***** come chill in yo crib?" "Man f*** you I'll see you at work."

Again, if The Last of Us was in the finals I would certainly vote for The Last of Us, but just in case this is tl;dr my vote is...

Grand Theft Auto V

Woa, things are heating up in here!
Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

Keep at it!

213EDD said:
Congrats man, you just figured out the point of these 'Video Game' things.

Forza and Gran Turismo exist because i can't drive a twin turbo Lamborghini at 250mph in the real world in much the same way that tomb raider exists because i can't be a cute little girl who kills easier than a 3-tour veteran and takes hits better than most anime mechs.

madster111 said:
213EDD said:
Congrats man, you just figured out the point of these 'Video Game' things.

Forza and Gran Turismo exist because i can't drive a twin turbo Lamborghini at 250mph in the real world in much the same way that tomb raider exists because i can't be a cute little girl who kills easier than a 3-tour veteran and takes hits better than most anime mechs.

I was hoping for this response. As my point is, they are both awful choices for a of-the-year award as they do not provide any worthwhile experiences.

GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records

Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

So can we please stop with the "i'm too cool to like a mainstream game". Take it to Starbucks hipsters.

GTA V

Wes said:
GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records
And it could have set the record even higher!

If they weren't such douche bags and waited to release on PC. (Which they still havnt even announced the PC version)

My vote still goes to Tomb Raider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod