Concerning antagonizing, derailing and thread shitting

Firstly, don't close this.
I think some of us on here (including myself) are being fucks when it comes to staying on topic and such, BUT, I also feel the mods are getting a little touchy. Quote:
Lethean said:
the internet is not serious business. As such, don't get your panties in a twist.
Be like Lethean. Well, not really. He ended up closing the topic in this post, so don't follow this example. BUT follow what he said in the quote. The internet is not srs bsnss, and this forum is not srs bsnss. If all of you need to talk srs bsnss.. tell BBK to come back and make some more philosophies. Until then, be looser about what goes on here. I don't wanna see a billion closed topics all over the forums.

p.s. mods don't take this as srs bsnss. just as a suggestion.

Alright, here's my take on it all. For the most part, I prefer the stupid threads to the really super intellectual ones that seem to litter the forums a lot more than the stupid ones, and consist entirely of "YOU'RE GAY!" "NO U!" "NO U!" posts for 7 pages. Now let me clarify before you flip out, I don't mean the spam ones as much.

Out of the 7 closed topics, 1 of them was derailed by some dumb posting by a dumb poster, and 1 of them was a dumb topic by a dumb poster, and the other 5 were just asking to be closed from the first post.

Finally, on the subject of mods, if you do something douchebaggy I will call you out on it. I don't give a shit if you're a mod or not, ya dig? And I'm certainly not going to ass kiss you guys, which is super common on just about every other forum on the webz. Of course, there are a few mods who do a better job than other mods, but you all do well enough, and I wuv you all.

Longo_2_guns said:
Finally, on the subject of mods, if you do something douchebaggy I will call you out on it. I don't give a shit if you're a mod or not, ya dig? And I'm certainly not going to ass kiss you guys

I'm not asking anyone to ass kiss us. I don't want it either. Some people have gotten pretty out of line with mods though when they've been asked not to do something. I can cite one incident where I was called some pretty offensive names in PM simply because I asked a poster to refrain from using the word "n igger".

MattAY said:
I actually agree perfectly with Longo.
As do I for the most part. I don't care to tell you you're a horrible poster or mod, I don't care to lace it within the subtext, either. All I wanna do is have some fun. I got a feeling I'm not the only one.

edit : I just read my post ^^ It was terrible. You can do better, Chris. I'm not mad, just ... disappointed.

EDIT : OKAY I JUST READ MY EDIT..

And we certainly don't want to stifle that fun.

Basically, all I'm asking for is a little less douchery from you when you question something, and stop cocking up the GM forums.

Stal is right, the guys here haven't changed a bit in the 8 years I've been here.
The girls meanwhile cared enough to proper it up. Wow, right?

To another 8, fellas! cheers

Judging from one of the threads that was closed our mods consist of a gay man, a reverse democrat and a Canada hater?

Looks like this place should be bumping with silly threads.

but teh modZ are l0ozers! thye alwayz clos my topix! my preteen angxt can't take it anymore adn they must be stopped from being m3an to us! now watch me do evertyhing they said not to to spyte tehm! (insert emoticon and .gif spams here)

JUST KIDDING! I loves you guys!

WickedLiquid said:
Judging from one of the threads that was closed our mods consist of a gay man, a reverse democrat and a Canada hater?
Is reverse democrat just a nice way of saying Republican? And isn't one of our mods actually Canadian?

Shaft is right. This forum is currently moderated poorly, in my opinion, though of course it has been far worse.

Far too many subjective double standards. It's often cringe worthy to see the mods tread down on something a few days ago they were doing, or have suddenly decided is bad news.

Dicey's Law of the Constitution tells us a necessary step towards obeying rules of the sovereign is that people should be able to clearly understand what rules are to be obeyed, and where the line is drawn. I'm amazed anyone is meant to know what you guys uniformly want.

And before some intellectual says 'oh stop bitching', this is an open topic about it..

malakian said:
Shaft is right. This forum is currently moderated poorly, in my opinion, though of course it has been far worse.

Far too many subjective double standards. It's often cringe worthy to see the mods tread down on something a few days ago they were doing, or have suddenly decided is bad news.

Dicey's Law of the Constitution tells us a necessary step towards obeying rules of the sovereign is that people should be able to clearly understand what rules are to be obeyed, and where the line is drawn. I'm amazed anyone is meant to know what you guys uniformly want.

And before some intellectual says 'oh stop bitching', this is an open topic about it..

THIS MAN HAS POSTED HIS OPINION, CLOSE THIS TOPIC

See, I'm perfectly willing to watch out for any double standards and needless closing I'm doing. Where's the willingness from some posters to say "hey, I'll stop antagonizing in some cases as well"? It takes two baby, me and you.

PS. Can some of us stop generalizing about the mods? Some aren't setting any double standards or moderating too strictly at all. Don't make all of them out to be bad moderators. Please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle