Concerning antagonizing, derailing and thread shitting

GRColin

Rookie
7. Count em...7 topics on the front page of misc have been closed over the past few days. This was after I pruned the front page and removed about 5 closed topics the other day.

Stop derailing topics and continuing to do so when asked not to. Stop spamming emoticons and continuing to do so when told to stop.

As well, please stop shitting all over the GM forum. I'm not the one who noticed it but I'm making it public. There have been a lot of meaningless posts in the GM section which is there for communication between GR staff and us. They shouldn't have to sort through ten nonsense posts better suited to a misc. forum spam topic just to get to a decent post and then respond.

I also understand some of you do not like the moderation team or just a couple of moderators themselves. That does not give you the right to antagonize, be a prick or act in an immature, bratty manner. If you receive a warning PM from a moderator asking you to smarten up, please bring it up for discussion with them should you feel they are wrong. Do not however call them racist names, swear at them or treat them with such disrespect as some of you have done. If you feel the moderator who sent the PM was out of line (and I mean out of line. Not just upset that he warned you) bring it up to Maca or Used. I'm sure they'll take care of it. Well...Maybe not Used. He's from Alaska. Which means he'd rather blow a Caribou than help the lot of us.

We have many good posters here as well, some who actually make me enjoy reading over topics. Those of you not taking a piss, good job and please keep it up. You make the GR community an enjoyable one.

PS. Wolverine s better than Venom and as such, you should all go vote for him int he comic book showdown.

Re: A little more common sense when posting please.

Lethean said:
PS. Wolverine s better than Venom and as such, you should all go vote for him int he comic book showdown.
I actually wanted to vote for venom...Your persuasion might change my vote.
EDITED:I would like to ask is it alright if we call Stal a douchebag? I mean he even claims himself a "Massive Forum-Using Douchebag" for his rank. I just want to know so i don't corrupt the forum board more.

^^listen gramps! quit being such a serious sam and lighten up a little bit. You are so out of touch with Joe Poster. I think its time to check yourself!

I still don't understand why this message board is so heavily moderated. I don't get why topics with no purpose get closed if there is nothing offensive in said topic. Why does it matter? Often times people are having a lot of fun and it get's closed because it's been "derailed" or whatever. But it's fun, not offensive. Why's it matter? I mean I could understand if these topics were pushing decent topics off the front page.. But I logged out Friday night, come back Sunday night to check out the forums, and all the topics I remembered from when I left were still sitting on the front page.

Oh snap! Used is from Alaska? I lived there for 5 years, great place!

Anyways I think people should be more considerate when posting, i'm not going to point out names... but you shouldn't berate people, we're family here!

EDIT: And yes Wolverines better! In fact, I might trim my beard to look like Wolverine's and mess up my hair a little bit, people say I look like Wolverine, whats funny is my name also happens to be "Logan" as well.

yeah...i agree with IntoTheRain. I haven't seen any great topics get completely derailed by trolls. Mostly just silly topics that get silly replies, and i don't see anything wrong with that especially since we aren't a very fast moving forum, so its not like anything is getting buried. I wish people would stop treating this place like its some kind of snooty highfalutin MENSA forum. Most of us are here to goof around and as long as people aren't going too far then I say let a playa play.

StalfrosCC said:
I just wanna point out that I only closed one of those 7. I'm losing my touch.

Yeah... where the hell were you on that NEW POKEMON all caps topic? I wanted to see some fireworks and you weren't there Stal, we needed you :p.

Master Stal :) figured you would like that, but since you're floating around here correcting our corruptions, can you answer my question?
UghRochester said:
Lethean said:
I actually wanted to vote for venom...Your persuasion might change my vote.
EDITED:I would like to ask is it alright if we call Stal a douchebag? I mean he even claims himself a "Massive Forum-Using Douchebag" for his rank. I just want to know so i don't corrupt the forum board more.

Lethean said:
I also understand some of you do not like the moderation team or just a couple of moderators themselves. That does not give you the right to antagonize, be a prick or act in an immature, bratty manner.

Some mods should lead by example, then...

everything i say excludes Ugh and his posts. I wish you guys would delete and close everything he participates in. A ban wouldn't hurt either.

I'm responsible for at least 3 of these, and I'm aware of it. I think the GR mods take their job too seriously and are the only ones getting upset by this wave of "spam." You're moderating an internet forum not managing a company, take it easy.

I just realized i was spamming a little bit, therefore i recognized my mistake. Anyways
I've read all of what Lethean posted, so right now i'm just going to shut up and not post anymore on this topic, clearly arguing would be a bad idea.

I'm really hoping i made a good call

trust_no_one said:
Lethean said:
I also understand some of you do not like the moderation team or just a couple of moderators themselves. That does not give you the right to antagonize, be a prick or act in an immature, bratty manner.

Some mods should lead by example, then...

Then bring it up in a productive manner, in private if you don't want it to be done in public.

I also can't speak for other mods (although I'm pretty sure they'd agree) but "fun" topics or ones that have some pointless posts aren't against the rules. Constant derailing of a good topic though really aren't to be smiled upon. If a "fun" topic is closed it also isn't justification to perpetually argue and try to pick arguments with moderators or anyone else. See what I said about trying to talk normally. No one should feel singled out here either as I'm not about to list off people who have done that.

Krowsnose said:
I'm responsible for at least 3 of these, and I'm aware of it. I think the GR mods take their job too seriously and are the only ones getting upset by this wave of "spam." You're moderating an internet forum not managing a company, take it easy.

WhySoSerious.jpg

Krowsnose said:

I can certainly tell you I don't take these forums too seriously. I don't think I closed any of them. Maybe one. I know I'm not managing a company. I'm more irritated by all the shit posts in the GM forum.

Really Krows, I'm just covering all my bases in the initial post. I personally felt seven topics closed on one page was excessive. Whether or not they deserved to be closed. Forum users also need to stop making generalizations about the mods and treating them all like they take the job too seriously. Where one mod may take one thing seriously, another one may not. I can also see why Used or Maca would take things seriously. They're administrators. What really is irritating me is the shit in the GM forum and the way some posters act in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod