The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. Oh man. OH MAN. Mages kick ass now. With all of the crits and in the frost tree and instant cast, no mana cost fireball, my mage is dropping fools left and right. Bout damn time my mage actually feels like a mage.

If they upped the dps in frost this much, a fire mage must be insane now.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
FrozenBacon said:
Of course when I decide to start playing WoW again, they release a huge patch that causes the servers to be down longer than usual. :/

Lol..The funny thing is lately the servers have been up right on time or a little before. I think MMOs don't like you for all the cheating you've done on each of them. You whore. STICK WITH ONE! You tease them for a week, tickle them where they like to be tickled, and then find another flight of fancy!

3.0 baby this is the expansion patch that renders my huntard useless in arenas, but epic in pve :D
Hunters have been useless in arena for a long time. As for the patch, I'm loving it. People want the achievements for all of the old bosses and I was wanting some nostalgia!

So ret got a hotfix. DS was changed from holy damage to physical. So much for the "working as intended" posts. I don't mind too much. It was needed honestly. The only complaint I have - people bitched about druids for a year and rogues, mages can still 3 shot people. They do a "hotfix" for paladins in 36 hours, and take a year to change druids and rogues. That is really my only gripe.

One change that makes little to no sense is repentance lasting only 6 seconds now instead of 10 and the Crusader Strike glyph is getting changed from increasing damage done on stunned targets by 20% to restoring a bit of mana. I can't understand those. DS, yes. Those - no.

TheNesMan said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
FrozenBacon said:
Of course when I decide to start playing WoW again, they release a huge patch that causes the servers to be down longer than usual. :/

Lol..The funny thing is lately the servers have been up right on time or a little before. I think MMOs don't like you for all the cheating you've done on each of them. You whore. STICK WITH ONE! You tease them for a week, tickle them where they like to be tickled, and then find another flight of fancy!

3.0 baby this is the expansion patch that renders my huntard useless in arenas, but epic in pve :D
Hunters have been useless in arena for a long time. As for the patch, I'm loving it. People want the achievements for all of the old bosses and I was wanting some nostalgia!

Of this, I am aware.

But they are more broken now than they ever were.

I got on last night to check my Ret Pally before my account expired. I almost cried. It's about time we got OP. Now I have to wait 4 months to play again. I hope they don't nerf pallies before I get back from my deployment.

Lethean said:
So ret got a hotfix. DS was changed from holy damage to physical. So much for the "working as intended" posts. I don't mind too much. It was needed honestly. The only complaint I have - people bitched about druids for a year and rogues, mages can still 3 shot people. They do a "hotfix" for paladins in 36 hours, and take a year to change druids and rogues. That is really my only gripe.

One change that makes little to no sense is repentance lasting only 6 seconds now instead of 10 and the Crusader Strike glyph is getting changed from increasing damage done on stunned targets by 20% to restoring a bit of mana. I can't understand those. DS, yes. Those - no.
I can't believe you found something to complain about. Ret pallies are the most OP class I've ever seen. More OP than when feral druids raped arenas.

I simply said the crusader strike glyph change doesn't make much sense. I never said paladins didn't need the hotfix. Blizz is just changing something not part of the problem is all.

My only other complaint is them ignoring all the mages that can 2 or 3 shot people and all the pillar humping in arenas. Fix more than just one thing is all I'm saying. The other shit has been broken for a year. I'd say that if I had a main who wasn't a paladin.

Hell yeah DS should have been fixed. I'll gladly say it. Someone is an idiot if you think a paladins OPness didn't come from DS and actually came from a CS glyph.

Don't forget, these are level 80 talents.

Oh man, I feel even more OP''ed as a Warlock than I ever did...and I felt pretty damn OP'ed really...since the game began, lol.

Metamorphosis+Soulfire+Curse of Elements is insane! Ruin is pretty much pointless so long as you have meta up. 600% armor...20% damage, -50% stun effects...and melee capabilities, it's so good. Am kind of confused though. Does anyone know if we're getting Shadow Volley?...Or Maybe that's just a Warlock skill later...not sure, I remember seeing it.

Heard something pretty funny about Paladins though...Some guy was like, "We finally got a buff!" and in response another said, "The nerf hits, November 13th!" Probably true, =/.

Also, anyone seen Chaos Bolt? Haven't really seen anyone use it but what exactly does it pierce though and is the damage nice?

:( I didn't have enough time to try out metamorphasis on my lock. Do you still have alot of ranged attacks, or do you become something like a felguard? If they don't nerf paladins I'll have two kickass DPS toons. Otherwise, I'll have to stick with the lock in groups again.

Miscarriage said:
Heard something pretty funny about Paladins though...Some guy was like, "We finally got a buff!" and in response another said, "The nerf hits, November 13th!" Probably true, =/.

Not sure what to think of it, it and is before the 13th of November. Basically, a talent called vengeance increases our damage every time we critically hit. They're making it more like a warriors deep wounds ability as to get rid of some of the burst. I'm fine with that. It's a DoT. That means no more rogues vanishing in arenas and going OOC.

My only concern with ret paladins is this - How many have you ever seen in the 2200s in arenas? About 4 percent. The majority is druids, warriors, rogues, locks and mages. Hunters and ret paladins were really gimped for arenas for awhile. I like our new buffs, and I think I'll like the deep wounds rip off. I just don't want to see Blizz do what they did to ret right before BC. I really, highly doubt they will though.

Kiristo said:
:( I didn't have enough time to try out metamorphasis on my lock. Do you still have alot of ranged attacks, or do you become something like a felguard? If they don't nerf paladins I'll have two kickass DPS toons. Otherwise, I'll have to stick with the lock in groups again.

You can use all your warlock abilities and get the 20% damage bonus. ADDITIONALLY, you can melee for a decent amount, cleave, immolate aura (451 per second 15 seconds, passive AoE) and charge as well as taunt. So you can actually use curse of elements, meta and then soulfire and do a ridiculous amount of damage. Even just deathcoil does a hell of a lot more.

As for Paladins, I really think Blizzard is trying to avoid that this time around. I haven't seen many retadins in say, 2200 and up. It's really rare, and it's hard to get rid of that stigma of being a Paladin class in an arena like that. Vengeance isn't a bad skill, but I do wish it felt more unique to Paladins in some way or another.

I was just going to throw this out there, to see what everyone else has to say.

Since 3.0 patch the horde in the Vengeance Battle group have been losing a lot. When I say a lot, I mean every single Battleground I have done since patch day. So at least 40 games, all lost.

Has any other Horde players had similar experiences?

Wtf is this crap.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3&sid=2000

We have concerns about how bursty dps has become in PvP. On the other hand, we're pretty happy with mage dps in PvE so we want to take care not to hurt it.

For example, we discussed shifting some of Arcane's damage between Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage, but that actually does hurt one of Arcane's PvE advantages over Fire -- namely to be able to move around while doing some instant spells.

In the case of Frost, however, we have become concerned that it's too easy to blow opponents up too quickly. Two of the culprits here are instant, uninterruptible Fireballs and Deep Freeze.

We are changing Brain Freeze to only proc off of Frost spells that can chill. Specifically, this limits the tactic of trying to fish for procs with Ice Lance. Ice Lance gets used a lot more in PvP, so we don't think this will hurt Frost as much in PvE.

Secondly, Cold as Ice no longer reduces the cooldown on Deep Freeze. Deep Freeze is an (ahem) cool spell and we don't want to nerf it too much, but you must admit that the poor frozen shmuck can endure a lot of damage while he is locked up.

People complain about arcane mages so they go ahead and nerf frost? It is offical now, blizzard just hates us mages. I hope blizzard doesn't nerf the hell out of mages in the final patch.

NinjaWrr said:

Since 3.0 patch the horde in the Vengeance Battle group have been losing a lot. When I say a lot, I mean every single Battleground I have done since patch day. So at least 40 games, all lost.

What's your character name and realm? I'm in the Vengeance battlegroup, Alliance side. And horde doesn't always lose. Alliance has been sucking in AV lately for some reason. It's likely because of all the alliance ret paladins :p. Just kidding.

PS. Vengeance - one of the worst battlegroups.

Frozen - I know what you mean. Irritating as hell. Arcane is the spec that is fucking everyone up right now, but they nerf frost. It's like...Wtf ~_^?

Lethean said:
NinjaWrr said:

What's your character name and realm? I'm in the Vengeance battlegroup, Alliance side. And horde doesn't always lose. Alliance has been sucking in AV lately for some reason. It's likely because of all the alliance ret paladins :p. Just kidding.

PS. Vengeance - one of the worst battlegroups.

Frozen - I know what you mean. Irritating as hell. Arcane is the spec that is f****** everyone up right now, but they nerf frost. It's like...Wtf ~_^?

I am a horde orc hunter on Akama, and I tried some more AV's and still didn't win any =(. I have done a lot of pvp in my time, and I still can't get any wins since the patch.

Either tree could be nerfed slightly and it's seem come off as reasonable, I think. I have a mage (64, sort of an alt to my warlock) and the DPS you can do is absurd. Deep Freeze is kind of in the right context, pretty ridiculous. It's like stunlock x2, but you die every time.

Miscarriage said:
Oh man, I feel even more OP''ed as a Warlock than I ever did...and I felt pretty damn OP'ed really...since the game began, lol.

Metamorphosis+Soulfire+Curse of Elements is insane! Ruin is pretty much pointless so long as you have meta up. 600% armor...20% damage, -50% stun effects...and melee capabilities, it's so good. Am kind of confused though. Does anyone know if we're getting Shadow Volley?...Or Maybe that's just a Warlock skill later...not sure, I remember seeing it.

Also, anyone seen Chaos Bolt? Haven't really seen anyone use it but what exactly does it pierce though and is the damage nice?
...Are you actually playing your warlock? They're terrible in PVE and PVP, I don't know how you could think any differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod