The Fighter Character Battle, Tournament Three

Yes, it's that time of year again, the time where I get bored of crafting lesson plans and I decide to start up the Fighter Character Tournament.

For those of you who don't know how it works, it's real simple. This is a showdown style pickem that celebrates the charactersfrom various VS fighter games. From favorites like Soul Calibur and Tekken, to long running series like King of Fighters and Street Fighter, to one hit wonders like Killer Instinct. This tournament will let you pick the combatants,as they duke it out until onlyone is left standing.

Here are the rules,

1. You guys will pick the combatants. I want you all to list 8 names from a fighter game, along with what fighter game they will be representing. If the fighters represent 2 different games (Yoshimitsu for example), just pick one game he will represent.

2. Some games that become fighter games will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Dragonball Z, Super Smash Bros, Mega Man VS, etc. that have liscenced characters that are not from an original fighter game, will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else.

3. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Spartan Nicole, Link and Spawn from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

4. Characters with nore than one persona may be eligable. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligable to particpate as seperate characters.

5. The top 12 from last year's fighter battle will recieve automatic bids into the tournament. DO NOT add them to your list. As well as that, the top 4 from the first tournament ever will be given automatic bids.

6. (AMENDED 10/8/07) No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

Other than the rules above, everything else is fair game. Once we have either 128 combatants, or once there is no interest and we just begin going. Last year we stopped at 96 combatants for example.

Here are the characters who recieve automatic bids.

Armor King (Tekken) WINNER
Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Calibur) Runner Up
Jin Kazama (Tekken) FINAL 4
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) FiINAL 4
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) FINAL 8
Forrest Law (Tekken) FINAL 8
Marshall Law(Tekken) FINAL 8
Heihachi (Tekken) FINAL 8
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) TOP 12 (3rd chance winner)
Taki (Soul Calibur) TOP 2
Vega(Street Fighter) TOP 12
Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters) TOP 12

Also, here was the previous years final four and winner

Ryu (Street Fighter) WINNER
Kasuni (Dead or Alive) RUNNER UP
Hanzo Hattori (Samurai Showdown) FINAL 4
Raphael Sorel (Soul Calibur) FINAL 4

These 16 get automatic bids, please do not vote for them into the showdown.

Now, here are my choices. Most of them are obscure, from lesser known and sometimes poor fighting games, but each is an example of the broad range of fighting games thatcan be included into the showdown as picks,

John Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Robert Garcia (King of Fighters)
Testemant (Guilty Gear)
Hayato Nekketsu (Rival Schools)
Voodoo (War Gods)
Taria (MACE: The Dark Age)
Bad Mr. Frosty (Clay Fighter)

Your lists dont have to be as obscureas my own, but these are some examples of fighting gamesthatcan have combatants in the showdown.

Remember, 8 fighters only. Try to pick 8, I have OCD and I want to keep the number as even as possible.

Start picking!

Yay! This again!

Siegfried Schtauffen (Soul Calibur)
Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Lei Wulong (Tekken)
Lee Chaolan (Tekken)
Cassandra (Soul Calibur)
Jackie Bryant (Virtua Fighter)
Faust (Guilty Gear)

Mr. Game and Watch (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Ice Climbers (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Gannondorf (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Nightmare ( Soul Calibur II)
Voldo (Soul Calibur II)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Maxi (Soul Calibur II)
Shao-Kahn ( some Mortal Kombat game)

mine may not be original, or the best choices, but it's something

HK, Please re-read the rules and take out Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Gannondorf, Nightmare, and Scorpion....thank you.

Bryan Fury (Tekken)
Sergei Dragunov (Tekken)
Paul Phoenix (Tekken)
Hwoarang (Tekken)
Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
Jinpachi Mishima (tekken)
Feng Wei (Tekken)
Raven (Tekken)

And Law is gonna win this year.

Panda(tekken)
Mokujin(tekken)
Gon(tekken 3)
Anna(tekken)
Tiger(eddys alter ego)(tekken)
Violet(tekken)
Ayne(DOA)
Devil kazuya(tekken)

Mitsurugi (Soul Caliber)
Reptile (Mortal Kombat 2)
Baraka (Mortal kombat 2)
Akuma (Street fighter 3)
Akira (Virtua fighter)
Kage (Virtua fighter)
Sagat (Street fighter 2)
Raptor (Dark Stalkers)

DH, since Strider is not an original fighter character, but a guest character in a fighting game, he can't be used. He is basically in the same boat as Ryu Huyabausa, Spiderman, Megaman, etc.

Please switch him out for someone else.

got a picture and a game hes in?

M.U.G.E.N is a game maker, a system to make games in, a program, and whatever else you want in it...

Not to mention that since it is based off of a golf star, it;s not really original..

If I wanted to do a MUGEN showdown, I would of included everyone and the kitchen sink into the tournament..

Sorry DH

Vega's gonna take it this year - i feel it, He's been training with Balthier.

vega-street-fighter-24710.jpg

Blanka (streetfighter)
Mileena (mortal kombat armageddon)
Bass (dead or alive 3)
Zack (dead or alive 3)
Havik (mortal kombat deception)
Mara Jade (SW masters of teras Kasi)
Buosh (SW masters of teras kasi)
Guile (Streetfighter 2)

um...

Buosh doesn't exist, at least when I looked it up....

and like everyone else Ska.....I don't think it would be good if we included Mara Jade or whoever Boush is, considering Mara Jade is Luke's wife in the canon of Starwars and all that......

very sorry, was a bit tired when i typed my 8 characters
Kilik ( Soul Calibur II)
Raiden ( Mortal Kombat)
Asaroth( Beserker, can't remember his exact name) (Soul Calibur II)
Xavier (Eternal Champions)

there's one more i had in mind but i have to search for the Genesis magazine for it

Buosh (or maybe its spelt Boush) is just Leia in her bounty hunter outfit in return. but thats okay.

i replace Mara Jade and Buosh with
Senator from Eternal Champions
and
Helena from DOA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod