The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheNesMan said:
Miscarriage said:
Oh man, I feel even more OP''ed as a Warlock than I ever did...and I felt pretty damn OP'ed really...since the game began, lol.

Metamorphosis+Soulfire+Curse of Elements is insane! Ruin is pretty much pointless so long as you have meta up. 600% armor...20% damage, -50% stun effects...and melee capabilities, it's so good. Am kind of confused though. Does anyone know if we're getting Shadow Volley?...Or Maybe that's just a Warlock skill later...not sure, I remember seeing it.

Heard something pretty funny about Paladins though...Some guy was like, "We finally got a buff!" and in response another said, "The nerf hits, November 13th!" Probably true, =/.

Also, anyone seen Chaos Bolt? Haven't really seen anyone use it but what exactly does it pierce though and is the damage nice?
...Are you actually playing your warlock? They're terrible in PVE and PVP, I don't know how you could think any differently.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! Warlocks may simply be nerfed shadow mages but we still serve our purpose! Who else can bring an extra party member into the middle of a raid? Who can guarantee you that you'll come back to life once every thirty minutes? Who has a pet that gives you an awesome stamina boost? And who (come lvl 80) can send a soul into you that just so happens to deal damage? I ask you sir, who!

schimmel said:
TheNesMan said:
Miscarriage said:
Oh man, I feel even more OP''ed as a Warlock than I ever did...and I felt pretty damn OP'ed really...since the game began, lol.

Metamorphosis+Soulfire+Curse of Elements is insane! Ruin is pretty much pointless so long as you have meta up. 600% armor...20% damage, -50% stun effects...and melee capabilities, it's so good. Am kind of confused though. Does anyone know if we're getting Shadow Volley?...Or Maybe that's just a Warlock skill later...not sure, I remember seeing it.

Heard something pretty funny about Paladins though...Some guy was like, "We finally got a buff!" and in response another said, "The nerf hits, November 13th!" Probably true, =/.

Also, anyone seen Chaos Bolt? Haven't really seen anyone use it but what exactly does it pierce though and is the damage nice?
...Are you actually playing your warlock? They're terrible in PVE and PVP, I don't know how you could think any differently.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! Warlocks may simply be nerfed shadow mages but we still serve our purpose! Who else can bring an extra party member into the middle of a raid? Who can guarantee you that you'll come back to life once every thirty minutes? Who has a pet that gives you an awesome stamina boost? And who (come lvl 80) can send a soul into you that just so happens to deal damage? I ask you sir, who!

Are there huge gains for the other classes past Kara (as this is as far as I have raided)? My lock always was top damage unless we had an extremely well geared party member. As the 2nd worst geared I still was top damage in Kara when I started. I've never seen a mage come close to dmg unless decked out in serious gear. I don't mind mages out damaging me, but at least prior to the patch this didn't happen. Locks were kickass in PVP and PVE. I mean this all pre-3.0 as I haven't played it since. Has there been a change, or is NES talking out of his ass?

TheNesMan said:
Miscarriage said:

Yeah, actually and I top out most damage meters. Ret Paladins are pretty good, but everything else is pretty much the same in my experience (in handling fights and largely in output of damage.) We're certainly not as ahead as we once were as a class, but I still feel like I beat every other class with relative ease.

one of my quests today was to set fire to three grimtotem tents. i set fire to them, stood in front of one and roared. im such a badass. 8) :)

So I have a dirty little secret. I started WoW again. I'm on Balegun with the guys from the chat. I'll probably move my lock over.

Zug.

keepithowitis said:
I got the Trial version a few weeks ago, and there's a lot to be desired if you know absolutely nobody.
Just get 35 more copies of it and you can be your own party...

I just read up on the inscription profession and the glyphs seem pretty sweet. One question, you get 3 minor and 3 major glyphs, not 6 whatever, right? I notice some classes don't have great minor glyphs, and the warlock doesn't really have more than 1 or 2 glyphs period that I would want on my demo lock. Oh well, the pally ones look nice.

Yep... they nerfed locks so hard. I just moved mine to Balegun to play with some live chat guys.

If you guys are thinking about rolling on a PVE and playing alliance at all you should come to Balegun. There are a handfull of GR guys there.

After looking up what they're going to do to Ret pallies, I'm depressed. I got like 10mins of playtime with him being good. Apparently we're raping in PVP. I'm sure they'll over nerf ret to the point where we're back to being a laughing stock. Fuck you, Blizzard, for teasing us like this.

StalfrosCC said:
Yep... they nerfed locks so hard. I just moved mine to Balegun to play with some live chat guys.

If you guys are thinking about rolling on a PVE and playing alliance at all you should come to Balegun. There are a handfull of GR guys there.
....alliance? Like really...alliance?

Kiristo said:
After looking up what they're going to do to Ret pallies, I'm depressed. I got like 10mins of playtime with him being good. Apparently we're raping in PVP. I'm sure they'll over nerf ret to the point where we're back to being a laughing stock. f*** you, Blizzard, for teasing us like this.

Yeah, I was thinking that the changes wouldn't be too bad. Deep wounds? Great! And then I found out that due to it being based off crit damage or something like that, it won't matter much because in PvP, a players resilience is so high that it kind of cancels it out. Then I heard that our mana issues are back come the next patch and level 80 thanks to a JoTW nerf.

Same old shit, just a different pile.

Edit: They also are lowering the damage of all seals/judgements by 20 %.

TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:

....alliance? Like really...alliance?

Yes, because the Horde smell.

Plus it is a PVE server... not like there is really a faction difference or advantage. I'm so used to PVP (still Alliance btw) that it creeps me out hanging out with hordies in EPL or a non neutral city.

The_Nes_Man said:
Perhaps people should play their class the way it was intended to be played. That's why blizzard doesn't give end game warrior stuff for pure dps, they intended for classes to be played certain ways. That's why your decision in the beginning of the game is crucial as to which class you decide to play.

I'm quoting this because I find it funny that on page one, Nes Man tried arguing with me about WoW saying warriors are meant to be tanks, and paladins are meant to be healers - They should role a DPS class if that's what they want. Look at the state of World of Warcraft right now. Turns out I was pretty spot on that different specs are meant for *gasp* different play styles. Something I can't stress enough. I only bring it up now because we're heading into WoTLK and any new players should remember - choose the spec you want. You *can* dps as a warrior. You *can* do dps as a paladin. You *can* do heavy spell damage as a druid. Every spec has it's usefulness depending on what you do. Arms warrior = PvP. Fury = PvE. Prot = PvE tank.

I'm not making this to rag on Nes Man. I'm simply using it as an example of some attitudes in the game - Those are the wrong attitudes however and most *good* raild guilds know that. That really does not change the fact however that many raid guilds recruit people of a certain spec because they have too many of another one. So new players looking to get into a raid guild, remember to spec how you want to, but you may have to make a sacrifice if you really want to get into a heavy raid guild. Remember certain specs, while great in dps or healing are geared towards different aspects of the game.

If Blizzard intended for a class to have only one role, there would not be three different specs. Research your class, research other classes, know the game well, read the patch notes and you'll be better off in World of Warcraft, and better prepared for Wrath of the Lich king.

And on that note....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod