Your artistic endeavours

So, P. Enis is the detectives name, huh? Very subtle. Nice work though. Peanutkiller, those paintings are great.

Lol @ Risk

Ah, Mr. Monkey, I was digging that film. It looked very, very good considering your resources. :D
I feel as if (and I'm almost completely clueless about this whole thing) you could easily get into NYU with this, provided you have good grades, challenging courses, and proper SAT scores.

One of my best friends went to NYU and is majoring in media, culture, and communication (journalism to put it simply). She's pretty cool. I'm proud of her...however, this has nothing to do with you or your video so I don't know why I'm mentioning it.

...Once you get in, I'll have you look her up. :lol:

Oh, and once again, I LOVE hearing voices!!

Thanks, I worked pretty hard on it, and I really appreciate the positive feedback, because I'm pretty stressed out about getting in. This year has been crazy for college acceptances, good and bad. My best friend (the one in the film that isn't me actually) got into the Music Recording program at NYU ED and it's got a crazy low acceptance rate. Maybe I could put his music up here soon. Really hoping to get to go with him. But yeah, hopefully this'll do it. I think I've got the grades and scores and courses and whatnot, but I'm absolutely terrified of the letter.

-FCM- said:
My best friend (the one in the film that isn't me actually) got into the Music Recording program at NYU ED and it's got a crazy low acceptance rate.

I actually just finished up my application (pre-screening) for their jazz studies program and mailed it off today. hopefully they'll ask me to come out and do the second half of the audition.

Aaah, cool coincidence. Is that a grad school thing or is that a branch of the undergraduate program? You guys would definitely run into each other since the program's pretty small, right?

-FCM- said:
Aaah, cool coincidence. Is that a grad school thing or is that a branch of the undergraduate program? You guys would definitely run into each other since the program's pretty small, right?

It's part of their undergrad program, though i'm pretty sure they also offer higher degrees in it as well. I'm not sure how hard it is to get in, but i'm assuming it's pretty tough. Who knows, maybe i'll get lucky.

Oh, and yeah, i'm pretty sure the program isn't that big, though i've heard the jazz is pretty amazing. How could they go wrong in the middle of NYC?

Hey again guys.

Recently I feel like I've been losing my ability to draw. When I look at my works in early 2008, I like them, but when I look at my works in later 2008, I dislike them. It's really annoying and has kind of been putting me down. So I decided to try and whip up a quick sketch.

When it comes to sketching I'm very manga-style orientated (but not to the point of stereotypical manga/anime like huge eyes and whatnot) and recently I have been playing Secret of Mana on the Wii's Virtual Console. I love that game, it's one of my most favourite games like, ever, and my friend (who is just as big of a fan of the game as I am) have been playing two player on it. So, I decided to draw the main character (the swordsman).

SecretofManasketchdonecopy.jpg

I hope you guys like it. Drawing this and the way it came out made me feel a lot happier and more positive, and I'm considering doing a digital painting of this.

I used a reference picture for the clothes, which is this -
SecretofMana2.jpg
(found off Google Image Search)

I was going through some files and I found this picture of one of the boards I made for our staff during college. This was one of the residents' favorites. Hurray for construction paper. :D
luckyboard.jpg

It got a little smudged after some people decided to lean wet shovels against it after shoveling snow.

I have been playing guitar for 4 years, self taught, I don't really know notes or anything. I just rely on melody, and playing because I love it.

myspace.com/roryrummings666

I also write lyrics
Chemical Comatose

Rory Rummings

12-18-08

Sitting on your angry chair injecting yourself with despair

Fatal toxic overdose do you even care?

Skiing mountains because you’re a disgrace have you even seen your face?

Battered bruised bloody mess, yet you keep on being swallowed by meth

Anger that feeds your need, crying on your knees as you beg to be freed

Violence a constant deadly rage, Scrounging for more as you are let out of your cage

Body melting, dripping with disease will you ever find a way

To ease the pain, of going insane, bullet to the head, or just another snort of cocaine

Chemical Comatose the pathway to annihilation

Chemical Comatose feeding the disease with inhalation

Falling into the oblivion of addiction, breathless death a pleasure from erotic asphyxiation

Say hello to the angel’s wing trail, another path in life to take just to see yourself fail

Gorging yourself on life that once was, as you are never to be again

Drinking the elixir of death that will ease your suffering quicker

Get away from the hate, death from what you love, isn’t that a fate?

Rolling death just for fun, why have you fallen in love with your X again?

Gateway to a hallucinogenic hell, as your life dissolves by popping another pill

Irony is a strange thing, think of that as you are on the floor dying while crawling

Chemical Comatose the pathway to annihilation

Chemical Comatose feeding the disease with inhalation

i think i'll finally put up some of my artwork after my high school's art show in 2 weeks, that way i'll have all my sculptures, paintings, pastels, and prints together in one place.

oh, and nice covers FTG.

Thanks Sodbuster, I appreciate that you like my Secret of Mana sketch :p, I love that game so very much. >_<

Ha ha, that's awesome stuff right there tigerlily! Very funny, almost classical look. :D

and thank you, FTG. I'm glad you like my work. I listened to your covers and they're pretty good, I can hear your voice very well! I especially enjoyed your cover "Yes" by Coldplay. You're fantastic at piano, I wish I could bother to learn to play an instrument. >_< Beautiful piano skills.

I have another piece to show, which I drew today. It took six hours, drawing in Adobe Photoshop CS2 once again with a photographic reference (although I had to redraw the setting, the lighting etc).

Jake_Mid_01.jpg

This is my second piece of my "Jake" series for TEAMhealth (the local group who are employing me to draw these for them). I hope they like it, and I hope you guys do too. :)

Kiristo said:
He seems to be missing eyes

Originally I tried to draw his eyes but it didn't look right, I couldn't do it properly. So I decided to kinda cover them up with the shadows. In my opinion it works so I decided to keep it.

I have a new drawing to present. I finally made a digital painting out of that Secret of Mana swordsman/main character sketch I did, and here it is.

SecretofMana-TheSwordsmancopy.jpg

I'm aware that the background sucks - I hate backgrounds, so once he was done I just wanted it to be over, but I hope you all like it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle