Your artistic endeavours

here is the tree I made for our office Christmas party
IMG_1079.jpg

and here is the wreath we made
IMG_1082.jpg

all made out of our products. hurray recycling! :D

/\ Whether you're bleeding or not, you somehow manage to look so intimidating yet lovable at the same time. =D

Here's a little something I wrote last night. I don't know what I should title it. I'm currently leading toward "Anti-Icarus" but also considering The Heavens, So Much Love, Amphibian, or Fish Icarus. I don't really know. Anyway, here it is...
You can ignore the stuff in parentheses. >_>

Empty pens (EmIII)
And oceans of ink (Bbm)x2
I've bled my hands
And watched them sing (A)
It's all stratified (EmIII)
It's all airborne (Bbm)x2
Swimming in the sky
Of such foreign lore (AmII)-(ba~)

I built some wings (L-g)-(R-d-g) (L-Bm)
and I emptied my bones
To be an Olympian king
And settle a home

So much love (Em)
And I feel nothing (L-C)
Just looking up (L-Am)
And always wanting (L-G) (L-B)
And all the magic
And all the beauty
Flows like the Atlantic
Yet always escapes me

The dry below
I'm crawling in
Pierced by the flow
I'd need to swim
So I built some wings
From whatever's around
My waxy dreams
I gathered from the ground

I've built some wings
and cleaned my bones
To float as a dream
And make a throne

So much love
And I feel nothing
Just looking up
And always wanting
And all the magic
And all the beauty
Flows like the Atlantic
Yet always escapes me

And so much love...
I just want something
I'm pushing down
And feeling nothing
And going nowhere
No grace of wind
But Solar flares
So much love...
So much love
And I feel nothing
Just looking up
And always wanting
And all the magic
And all the beauty
Flows like the Atlantic
Yet always escapes me
And so much love...

Can you play the melody and put it on you tube, because im having a hard time making the correlation between Anti-Icarus and the lyrics. So im guessing a lot of the aura is in the music. I'm in love with the title but it doesn't make sense to me - can you explain it for me?

UrbanMasque said:
Can you play the melody and put it on you tube, because im having a hard time making the correlation between Anti-Icarus and the lyrics. So im guessing a lot of the aura is in the music. I'm in love with the title but it doesn't make sense to me - can you explain it for me?
Never before have I shared one of my own compositions with the general public, just a select few of my best friends. I don't know why I'm doing this, but at the moment, perhaps I'm in an apathetic mood. Still, I normally guard these things with my life. :(
I've become such whore.
Enough rambling.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/3/1 ... us%201.mp3
Above is Anti-Icarus (still a very unsure title) sung by me with my piano.

What is it about the title that fascinates you?
Does hearing the song help you comprehend it better somehow?

Anyway, in order to understand what I mean by "Anti-Icarus" you must first understand the story of Icarus, which I'm sure you do. Icarus met his death by falling into a sea after melting his waxed feathers off. Now picture some alternate world. A completely dry, barren,and empty planet and the sky above is composed of liquid, water, a giant ocean in the sky. It is this ocean that contains all the life, all the beauty, etc. Anti-Icarus in this world would find life (not death) by flying up (not falling down) into the wet heavens above. It is in this upper atmosphere where Anti-Icarus wants to fuse with the ocean there, dissolve, and abandon himself in the life (beauty, love, magic...) there.
With that said, what is the song really about? What does it all mean? What does this ocean in the sky represent and why is this planet structured this way?
I could go line by line and explain myself, but I'd like to have some sort of faith that someone can get it, or perhaps I like reveling in the secrecy and intimacy of my own creations. However, if you're still curious, I'll still help you out. :D

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
Never before have I shared one of my own compositions with the general public, just a select few of my best friends. I don't know why I'm doing this, but at the moment, perhaps I'm in an apathetic mood. Still, I normally guard these things with my life. :(
I've become such whore.
Somehow, I believe this is all my fault. :p

The link doesnt work for me. Soooooo pretty much, you were annihilated when you wrote this. Water in the sky, cutting your hands to watch them sing, barren planet. sounds like LSD to me.

[didnt Icarus' or his father survive?] his father told hm not to fly to close to the sun b/c of the wax - or vice versa.]

The link really should work. It's just a simple mp3 file. =/
And I don't know what you mean by annihilated, but I've never done drugs in my [boring] life.
But if I did try LSD, I wonder what nonsensical crazy stuff I would write! :D

Icarus's father was a brilliant guy who built the wings so that he and his son could escape from imprisonment or exile. He warned Icarus not to fly too high or too low. Icarus (being a rebellious teenager :roll: ) was flying everywhere and showing off. He got to close to the Sun, so his wax melted, and he fell into the ocean where he died. The father lived.

Well, this next post is going to spam the hell out of the page, but I hope you all enjoy it regardless. First, a little introduction.

In the second semester of 2007, I had a class simply called "Independent Studies". Finding a teacher who was willing to supervise me, I could literally do whatever I wanted in my chosen field (Visual Arts). So I decided to do my own comic book. The comic is about the character "Peter Enis" (see what I did there?), an unrealistically skilled private eye detective who just happens to be British, and his little French boy side kick "Peppy". Together, the two embark on cases, filled with dodgy action and immature humour. This fifteen paged comic simply titled "The Exciting Adventures of Peter Enis" is about Peter Enis and Peppy taking on the mafia.

Please be advised - it's not very well written, or drawn. I had a tight schedule to fit at the time and thus I couldn't do the comic nearly as well as I had wanted to. The black and white Sin City-style illustrations apparently works (as my friend claims) but in reality, this was just a "short cut". The writing is also very amateur ish but to be fair, this is supposed to be a comedy not taken seriously, similar to that of Dr McNinja - http://www.drmcninja.com or Adult Swim animations.

I hope you all like it.

The front cover
FrontCoverresizedcopy-BadMen.jpg

The actual comic (fourteen pages A4 sized)
PE.jpg

Due to uploading limitations of Photobucket the comic is not in max quality, to see the max quality comic click the following deviantART link:
http://cr33g.deviantart.com/art/Peter-E ... c-69706434

I write poems and also I am an amateur photographer. I used to paint, but I quit that just because I can't find time to really do it any more.
I also play the piano and write my own songs. It is kind of hard to include examples of each in one screen, so I'll start with 2 of my paintings.

348867541.jpg

348867539.jpg

Nice paintings, Peanutkiller! I love the bigger/top piece. Was that based off anything (like a person, photo etc)? It's got a real 'classical' look to it. I like it! :)

keepithowitis said:
^Haha holy crap.. You do this for a living? That would be sweet!

Nah, I don't do it for a living but... it's what I WANT to do. I'm a uni student, just finished my Visual Art degree now moving toward multimedia, for now though I work in retail selling video games and I do art for a group called TEAMhealth (in all honesty, it's not the kind of art I want to do - I want to do comics and things). :p

Master_Craig said:
Nice paintings, Peanutkiller! I love the bigger/top piece. Was that based off anything (like a person, photo etc)? It's got a real 'classical' look to it. I like it! :)

It was something I painted in my more depressed period, I used to paint a lot more back then.. It could be the style seem a bit familiar, it might resemble work made by Munch a little, I dunno really. Based on feelings, much like the second one, which I made on the computer and is in fact only a outcut from a larger painting, which I lost sadly.

^ i want to go to all of your youtube post and comment:
"Dude, thats gay" or "wooooww, epic gay failure" or something along those lines..
...it'll be our little joke,

This one is from a looooooong time ago, from the days when I was a regular in the GR chat.

MYBITCHES2.jpg

YAY play mates :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod