X-Men: Days of Future Past - so many spoilers...

^ Aye, I just checked Wikipedia.

They reckon the reason they sent back Wolverine is because he is apparently the most popular character in the X-Men film franchise and is essentially their protagonist.

I like to think they did it because he's the only singular actor who could bridge both times together. Which I was more than fine with, since his actual role in the film was minor.

Jackmans been playing Wolverine for 14 years now...thats impressive in its own right.

Then again all of the actors from the first movie are nearly 14 years on, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellen, even Shawn Ashmore.

I think I'm one of the few die hard X-Men comic fans (from the 90s anyways) that is actually perfectly content with them putting Wolverine in every film.

This was an awesome movie. I loved the cinematography and how almost every shot looked like it could have been a comic panel, especially since it made some really mundane shit into awesome camera work.

Quicksilver was great, especially in the break out scene running around taking care of all the baddies. Really great choices in soundtrack, set design, all that shit. The X-men movies are a crown jewel that Fox needs to keep milking. I don't care if Wolverine ever hangs out with the Avengers in The Avengers 7: A New Hope because the cast is totally interesting and self-contained as it is. X-men is really the only Marvel property that might hurt itself trying to cross over with others... except maybe Spider-Man. I'd love to see that since the Saturday morning cartoons in the 90s had some Spidey-X-men crossover.

I'm dying to see Apocalypse now and I can't wait to see how the characters continue on from this new timeline.

I'm also wondering what Mystiques deal will be when it comes down to Wolverine's Adamantium. I would assume that she goes through with most of Stryker's plan, but will she die all over again? Will they have to go back in time to save her all over again? Better time-travel movie than Looper, that's for sure. Great up front explanation about Kitty's powers and plenty of drama building up to the final conflict.

#1 Sad was Colosus getting torn in two. I would have also liked more Sentinel bashing since the future bots steamrolled the team in every instance and the purple mother fuckers from the past just stood guard on top of Magneto's stadium.

I loved how at the very end I had to explain who Striker was and his connection to Wolverine, then seconds later being cut off mid-sentence after seeing Mystique's eyes, lol.

This was the X-Men film I had been waiting for all my life. And it only took 14 years to get there. Welp, better late than never.

But if I'm going to nitpick I will say I'm not a fan of young Beast's look. He looked like a blue monkey. When I saw Kelsey Grammer at the end I smiled though, because that's how Beast looks! And no Rogue??? Again, the ending was great to see her there with Gamb- erm, with Iceman. But I do wish she was in the future scenes. I can understand how she wouldn't survive but she could have if she permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers (like the Rogue I knew).

And I am confused about the continuity here. I know we're pretending Last Stand hardly ever happened and I'm more than ok with this. But Singer is not pretending his own movies didn't exist; X-Men 1 and 2. Now if the Sentinels were created in 1973 and and track down mutants over the course of 50 years shouldn't they have been a problem in X-Men and X2???

I looked up a bit of info regarding Xavier and apparently in The Last Stand when he transferred his consciousness he did so into the body of his brain-dead twin brother.

So Xavier in the future is actually in his twin brother's body. Singer just went with it although he thought it was stupid so he never once addressed it in the film.

The Brain Dead Patient [from X-Men 3] is indeed P. Xavier in Days of Future Past. He is Charles Xavier's brain dead identical twin brother. When he was born his telepathy was so massive that he essentially stole his brothers brain waves. But when he was killed off by The Dark Phoenix he transferred the consciousness of his mind into his brain dead identical brother.

http://movies.stackexchange.com/questio ... er-x-men-3

Paradox said:
It looks like Last Stand never happened thanks to Wolverine, who is leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap...will be the leap home. And what a stinger for the next film, X-Men: Apocalypse. EN SABAH NUR!

Oh my God! I was going to post some stuff about X-Men but forget that. It's time to get back on the Quantum Leap grind!

And yeah, Quicksilver was awesome. So...the Avengers (Disney) has their own version of Quicksilver? I mean, are we okay with this?

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are a couple of those characters in a gray area when it comes to film. Fox can use them, but can't make any mention of the Avengers, and Disney/Marvel can use them, but can't mention mutants, X-Men or their father being Magneto.

And I am ok with it. Bryan Singer's Quicksilver was quite awesome, and I'm sure Weadon's will be fine to.

I also think my ending would have been better...

Wolverine: Jean, could you pass me a donut?

Jean: Donut? What's a donut?

Wolverine: Noooooooooo!

Logan runs away to Kitty to go back in time.
Suddenly donuts fall from the sky.

Jean: Oh look, it's raining again...

roll credits

You know Fox and Disney will reach some agreement in the future. At this point it seems inevitable that a cross-over movie will happen.

And that's what I feel the double Quicksilver thing is about, too. Gauges the public interest, obviously gets people talking, and it's a great tease.

Just keep that without-God Spider-Andrew out of it all. That shit was Fantastic Four levels of bad.

I also figured out why there were no Sentinels in X-Men 1-3 if they were created in '73.

Man you guys suck at answering questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod