X-Men: Days of Future Past - so many spoilers...

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
Man that was a great film. I enjoyed seeing my future wife Ellen Page onscreen.(She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine). I was surprised by the Quicksilver scenes. By that, I mean I loved them. I was afraid Singer was shoehorning the character in just to get his version onscreen before Whedon, but it worked with a good (and enjoyable) reason for him to be there. I was also afraid that with so many characters appearing in the film, it would feel like a two hour cameo reel, but it also worked and everyone had something to do. As for actual cameos, we do get Anna Paquin, Kelsey Grammer and James Marsden. Kudos to Marsden for doing an interview a week or so ago sounding dejected because he wasn't invited back. The Mark I Sentinels were pretty cool, as were the Mark Xs, but those reminded me quite a bit of The Destroyer from Thor. It was neat seeing them use powers of different mutants though. It looks like Last Stand never happened thanks to Wolverine, who is leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap...will be the leap home. And what a stinger for the next film, X-Men: Apocalypse. EN SABAH NUR!

I skipped over your entire post to avoid spoilers. All I want to know is ...Well shit. I forgot what I was going to ask.

Edit: Now I remember! Do they cover the point in time seen during the credits of "The Wolverine"?

I really enjoyed it too. It seems like I say this for every movie he's in, but man, Michael Fassbender is one of the best actors in Hollywood right now.

It will be interesting having everyone back and how they use all of them in the next movie.

Paradox said:
Lethean said:
Now I remember! Do they cover the point in time seen during the credits of "The Wolverine"?

Nope. The film sticks to 1973 and 2023.

Odd choice. I thought they'd at least start off at that point as it was clearly a setup to the future events. Do they explain how Xavier is back in Xavier's body? I know he transferred his consciousness before but wasn't aware of them explaining how he has his body back.

Longo_2_guns said:
It does a pretty good job skipping the details from the shit movies that may cause problems.

No to mention the fact that it went full comic book on the resolution.

I enjoyed the movie a lot though. Not as amazing as Winter Soldier, but solidly the next best comic book movie to come out this year thus far, Guardians of the Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are still up in the air for me.

I really enjoyed it and feel like it gets back to I'm a villain but there is realistic motivation for my evil doing. And how they justify their actions.

Also, the scene where Trask is like save mystique and bring her to me...err, for research.

It made me laugh for all the wrong reasons.

Just saw it yesterday. Amazing film. Despite knowing there would likely be a happy ending the stakes still felt high. I love that they shit all over the Last Stand with that ending as well. I'm just assuming that the seen in the Wolverine was a start of the Days of Future Past timeline and DoFP just picked up some years later. I am curious what year the Moby ended in though since Logan looked older but no one else did. Wondering if Logan will have his adamantium in Apocalypse since Mystique took him.

That stinger though! Can't wait for Apocalypse. It will likely be set in the 70s or 80s but I'd love another full length movie with the original cast.

Don't mind me, just posting a gif here. Carry on.

h13D41D35.gif

I loved this movie, it's difficult to say if I preferred this over Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but X-Men: Days of Future Past was really awesome.

Since we can discuss spoilers in this thread...

Regarding Kitty Pryde, AKA Shadowcat played by Ellen Paige, I never knew she had such a power to send one's consciousness back through time to their younger self/body? Has she always had this, does she obtain it at some stage or did they just throw it in the movie as a plot device?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod