Why the hell would Activision make CoD 5 during WWII

XD
What a twist, I never thought of that, that would be very intresting to play from the Nazi point of view, although Highly controversal, killing Americans is the kind of thing that pisses off people like Hilary Clinton, then well have to see her ugly ass on TV bitchin' about how Video Games corrupt our youth, and how they should be illegal, and personally, i'm not sure I want to have to look at Hilary Clinton's face any more than I already have to.
Plus its games like that that just might get people thinking about how bad games are, then banning violent games might actually be possible, though still highly unlikely, and if it does happen, i'll see you dudes in Canada.

SupG420 said:
XD
What a twist, I never thought of that, that would be very intresting to play from the Nazi point of view, although Highly controversal, killing Americans is the kind of thing that pisses off people like Hilary Clinton, then well have to see her ugly ass on TV bitchin' about how Video Games corrupt our youth, and how they should be illegal, and personally, i'm not sure I want to have to look at Hilary Clinton's face any more than I already have to.
Plus its games like that that just might get people thinking about how bad games are, then banning violent games might actually be possible, though still highly unlikely, and if it does happen, i'll see you dudes in Canada.

They'd still be working on GTA4.

Well there are games that lets you play from the Nazi POV.
Eg, Company of Heroes.
But a FPS would be more "personal" and I don't think it will be made.
Remember that WW2 is only 60 years ago.
Here in Europe we still feel the after-effect from it. Might be hard for Americans to think, but many of our countries were occupied for years.

Also try and remember that there are less russians and asians as bad guys in games.
We have moved on to the next super bad guy, the arabs!

Like I've also wanted to see a Mafia game that is not filled with Italians, but rather the russians.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
SupG420 said:
XD

They'd still be working on GTA4.
Yeah, true...

Tylzen said:
Like I've also wanted to see a Mafia game that is not filled with Italians, but rather the russians.
Like in Mercenaries?

But I think a Nazi POV game would be cool, or a game where you break out of a POW Camp Great Escape style. The only thing is all American developers always make the Allies seem like super-heroes and give them better weapons, etc. while the Nazi's are made out to be Evil Villians akin to Lex Luthor and Green Goblin, but they all use crappy weapons that are slow, weak, and inaccurate, which is far from the truth. So if it was done, it would have to be done by a European game company, since most Americans are too stuck up to do it. But then again, the European Company would not be held in the highest regard, since they had to live through it, and like Tylzen said the after-effect is still there. And the Japanese couldn't do it, since they suck at FPS games.

Longo_2_guns said:
Tylzen said:
Like in Mercenaries?

But I think a Nazi POV game would be cool, or a game where you break out of a POW Camp Great Escape style. The only thing is all American developers always make the Allies seem like super-heroes and give them better weapons, etc. while the Nazi's are made out to be Evil Villians akin to Lex Luthor and Green Goblin, but they all use crappy weapons that are slow, weak, and inaccurate, which is far from the truth. So if it was done, it would have to be done by a European game company, since most Americans are too stuck up to do it. But then again, the European Company would not be held in the highest regard, since they had to live through it, and like Tylzen said the after-effect is still there. And the Japanese couldn't do it, since they suck at FPS games.

I disagree, I always ditch my american guns for K98s and STG44's. It's the AI and the "one man army" mentality that makes it that way.

And it has nothing to do with being stuck up. You market shit to Americans because we have the money to buy it. It's marketing, plain and simple. EA is not going to make a game just for some wank in France or England that wants to shoot some Jerries. If most of your market is American: make it for Americans.

I said eariler (no one seem to have read it) that they need more Pacific campaigns and more minor powers (italy, Austria, Polish/French/Croatian/Danish Resistance) based games.

used44 said:
Madster, everybody else, knock it off. I don't mind if a Call of Duty topic strays into an argument about WWII weaponry, but keep the personal insults and name-calling to zero.
What the hell was that? he called me an idiot twice, why do you have to point me out first?

i think what would work for everyone would be a mixed WW2/modern game. think of how games like timesplitters managed to get different era's into one game. they already showed in CoD4 that they don't mind flashbacks.

Think about how awsome it would be to go through a mission in WW2, then later in the game play through the same area 60 years later.

Glowstick said:
i think what would work for everyone would be a mixed WW2/modern game. think of how games like timesplitters managed to get different era's into one game. they already showed in CoD4 that they don't mind flashbacks.
Flashbacks, not timewarps, they only went back like 15 years, toa character who you played with in the game, no modern soldier could have been in WWII, unless you get an old guy in a wheelchair and hand him a rifle, but I doubt it, Flashbacks in CoD Good, TimeWarps, Bad, I think it would take away from the "Realness" of the experience, going from the 21st century to back in WWII. Don't see it working, at least not with CoD, but TimeSplitters did do a great job of the time jumping, even though i'm shocked no one caused a paradox, but it kept everything going smoothly. I'm not sure thats the kind of experience they are going for in CoD, OH! Maybe its like modern in that you playa child, who gets to go visit his war-veteran grandfather, and listen to his war stories, and you can play those out, like they did in CoD4. :lol:
Oh yeah, thats a testimate to how great I am^ :p :lol:

Glowstick said:

Think about how awsome it would be to go through a mission in WW2, then later in the game play through the same area 60 years later.

better bring you cane then.

How well would that work though? some places might be so leveled be no point to rebuild: there goes that place. Some places would lack damage and look the same, just greener grass around it.

I'd like to see a Red Alert style game(I know that horrible mod bleh to that). that would be rockin'.

ya, i didn't mean timewarps, just how the developers managed to make 2 completly different sets of weapons and enemys while keeping the gameplay unchanged.

but ya, i'm sure playing some soldier who heard stories of his grandfather fighting there or something like that would work.

and it wouldn't matter how different it looked. that'd be the point. different level, with some of the same landmarks and such.

madster111 said:
The .50 cals are diffrent now, as are all those guns.
I'd take someone on in WW2, they can have a standard german issue gun, and i will have my MTAR.
Let's see who wins that fight.

I would also like to point out, YOU are an idiot for calling me an idiot, mainly because you are an idiot.

Stop talking shit.

The point is when a certain technology is mastered, it doesn't get stronger, it just gets more convienient.

Look at sound synthesizer technology The sound is no stronger today then it was in the 60's. Similarly, there was a breakthrough in automatic gun weaponry shortly before World War 1 and guns haven't gotten any stronger since then, just cheaper, and more convienient.

If you ask me, WW2 weapons are a lot funner then modern weapons.

Like the Mosin Nagat.

Reload every shot.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
more minor powers (italy, Austria, Polish/French/Croatian/Danish Resistance) based games.

Hahaa Danish Resistance. That would be a treat but i doubt that would happen.

I was surprised (pleasantly i might add) that CoD had a Russian front. It is anomalous to see Russians get treated as actual people who struggled in that conflict.

I wanna see the Russians added to Company of Heroes but I doubt it.

Expect the usual Brits\Germs\Americanners for a while.

there are some games that have russia and china as bad guys such as
c&c generals
world in conflict
crysis
among 4 or 10 others as modern games
so i would say try out those =P

xfire35 said:
there are some games that have russia and china as bad guys such as
c&c generals
world in conflict
crysis
among 4 or 10 others as modern games
so i would say try out those =P

Actually, only WiC is right, Generals has China/USA as good guys with the GLA as baddies, you must be thinking of RA1 and 2.

Crysis is US vs. North Korea

really i thought he said asians not chinese specificly and c&c generals they can be put againist each other

xfire35 said:
really i thought he said asians not chinese specificly and c&c generals they can be put againist each other

Well then that makes everyone bad then doesn't it? USA isn't so special you know.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I said eariler (no one seem to have read it) that they need more Pacific campaigns and more minor powers (italy, Austria, Polish/French/Croatian/Danish Resistance) based games.

Well I am not proud to say it, hehe but the resistance (at the border) lasted for like an hour.
3 guys or so was killed, and then we gave up.

the true underground resistance began in 1943 when we saw that the Nazis were loosing.
That resistance gave birth to a new branch in our miltiary called "Hjemmeví¦rn" home defence trained for the occassion if we ever get occupied again.

Tylzen said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Well I am not proud to say it, hehe but the resistance (at the border) lasted for like an hour.
3 guys or so was killed, and then we gave up.

the true underground resistance began in 1943 when we saw that the Nazis were loosing.
That resistance gave birth to a new branch in our miltiary called "Hjemmeví¦rn" home defence trained for the occassion if we ever get occupied again.

Well there's the start of the game; 1943 being trained as a hjemmvaern to fight off dem germans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle