Why the hell would Activision make CoD 5 during WWII

shandog137

Novice
Is the Activision motto: If it works...fix it anyway. Why would they switch development teams after such a successful make of Call of Duty 4. Better yet after years and years of WWII based Call of Duty's why go back. People like modern...Activision think next-gen not geriatrics...

Really, I didn't like CoD4 because it was modern, I liked it because it was different. If they manage to make this one different too, who knows. But it is kind of restrictive in WWII.

It sells, that's the short answer.
There is no modern war that truly can match the WW2 in sheer size. So many people on a battlefield.

Why not make a WW1 game :p Stay in trench, move 2 inches, stay put, run up, die!

It'a because they are milking the franchise. Consider COD5 a sequal to COD3, while COD6 will likely be the next ward game. They can pump the games out twice as fast this way using two different development times.

well its bein made by treyarch not infinity ward, treyarch will just put out something to ride the call of duty brand and turn a good profit, while infinity ward will got to work on COD6. they did the same thing with 3 and 4

One that I really hope they don't adapt to many other series. At least they are letting Blizzard run its own company.

Most people agree that the Treyarch version was nothing more than a standard shooter. So why let them tinker with the formula that Infinity Ward nearly perected with Call of Duty 4. It is a really, really weird business strategy.

I guess when you buy CoD titles in the future, be sure to check the developer. :|

Don't fix what ain't broke. Think about it. Yes WW2 shooters are mostly milked: if you play it from the American/british/ Russian side. But what if they go Pacific? A Marine/Aussie/Chinese Campaign vs. the Japanese,there has yet to be a good WW2 shooter in the Pacific (both Mohaa's sucked). Or play from the axis perspective, or maybe even do a Polish/French/Danish/Greek etc resistance campaign, eh?

They need to scrap the overused Big Allies (USA,Brit,Ruskies) vs. Germany
idea, and go with something new.

I want a more current game...something like the Vietnam war..WW2 is OLD!
Or maybe i just don't like weak ass guns..

madster111 said:
I want a more current game...something like the Vietnam war..WW2 is OLD!
Or maybe i just don't like weak ass guns..
Weak ass guns?

The weapons used in WW2 were not weak.
They dropped two a-bombs, that's a bloody huge bomb.

i think its a good business strategy, it allows them to have a COD release every year in time for x-mas, while giving IW extra time to work on a real good game. like i said earlier, while the treyarch versions are nothing special, they still make profit because its call of duty brand

Something tells me that while this is being developed, they'll have Infinity Ward working on another "Modern Warfare" type game.

Call of Duty 6 FTW!!!

WWII has been done to death. They should make a Revolutionary War CoD for the Wii.

PACK YOUR GUN POWDER! MOVE THE CONTROLLER AS FAST AS YOU CAN UP AND DOWN!

svenhoek said:
WWII has been done to death. They should make a Revolutionary War CoD for the Wii.

PACK YOUR GUN POWDER! MOVE THE CONTROLLER AS FAST AS YOU CAN UP AND DOWN!

Funny you should say that; A friend of mine was saying that just the other day. I don't think that would sell to the masses though. People want high rate-of-fire, not .60 cal slugs every 30 seconds. There's a good twist there though, say you don't clear your barrel after a shot, there can be a 10% chance that your powder ignites and kills you.

As if people didn't get trenchfoot in WWII, lol.

I hope they grow some balls and make a German, Japanese, or Italian campaign.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod