Whoa whoa whoa....now wait a second...

Mod-Chip

Rookie
On the front-page is the Silent Hill preview, and within the first paragraph is:

I like to think of Silent Hill as “the game series that keeps on givingâ€

I just bypass them anyway.
Fuck

But I agree with you. The whole point of the wordfilter is to keep the site G, which it really isn't. But still, I think it should be in place because of all the nooblets who come in and swear a whole bunch, and that shit is annoying.

Who gives a flying donkeyrape?
Seriously, only Americans and religious people care about swear words :)

Here people say fuck on national TV and radio.

I did not notice it to be honest.

Guys voice your opinions by all means but let's not turn this into a 'who knows the most dirty words' contest.

Sam

I do wonder why, if part of the aim is to keep things PG-13 (I don't think G is really the desire) would the preview use a 4 letter word that we censor in the forum...

I've been wondering about this for a while, too. I see words that would be censored in the forums used in front-page stuff all the time. Sometimes reviews, sometimes previews or manifestos.

Kind of a strange policy. I chalk it up to the Staff not really paying much attention to the forums (especially now that Joe A. is gone.

Frankly, I've never found cursing to be necessary, unless used very tastefully.

And I make the best grilled cheese Stal, don't even mess (hard to brag over the internet, I realize)

The best grilled cheese sandwiches are made on fresh baked sourdough bread, the sharpest cheddar cheese you can find, and a nice two or three slices of peppered beef pastrami. Grill the sandwich with garlic butter in a skillet or frying pan until the cheese is melted and the bread is a crispy dark golden brown.

Make a bowl of your favorite soup with your choice of spices and seasonings, and you have one hell of a meal. I usually choose chicken-flavor ramen noodle soup, with some cayenne, some extra chicken bullion, and some chili powder.

And yeah, the swearing rules here are a bit on the weird side.

Tylzen said:
Who gives a flying donkeyrape?
Seriously, only Americans and religious people care about swear words :)

Here people say f*** on national TV and radio.

I did not notice it to be honest.
I don't care about swearing and I'm an American.

the swear filters are only there to stop the 9 year olds from irritating the hell out of everyone.

Longo_2_guns said:
But still, I think it should be in place because of all the nooblets who come in and swear a whole bunch, and that shit is annoying.

Duke_Ferris said:
the swear filters are only there to stop the 9 year olds from irritating the hell out of everyone.
I was closest, therefore I win.

I think there should be a word filter on some of the annoying web phrases, like there used to be on this other forum I go to.

OMG was filtered to "I believe that was rather astounding."

1337 was filtered to "elite"

WTF becomes "I have tried to be sarcastically witty in my lack of understanding."

GR needs some filters like those, I believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod