Silent Hill 1 or Resident Evil 1?

Original Silent Hill or Original Resident Evil?

• Silent Hill 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For sure. Everyone bitched about Silent Hill's combat system from the very beginning, but stop and think about it, it actually makes sense to have a clunky combat system. In RE and most of these other shooters, you're playing the part of some soldier or something of the like with special training in use of weapons and what not. Silent Hill has always been about just an average guy getting thrown into the shit and given a weapon. You think you're going to have perfect aim from 50 feet away with a handgun? Nope.

It should be noted that the Harry's aim actually improves as the game goes along, just to add to some of the realism...

</RANT>

masterchris said:
...Silent Hill...realism...

</RANT>

What it boils down towards. Do you want to be in the middle of a horror movie or a horror?

I love my RE (and they translate to more enjoyable films than the frustrating SH movie) but if given the choice of a desert island with power output, a psx & only one of those 2 games it would have to be SH. Free-roaming (cause why should you be stuck in a house where every door is locked bar one?), realistic combat (at the time) and not only a better story but character designs.

Put it this way, I completed RE in about two to three weeks back in the day. It took me two YEARS to complete SH. Why? Cause i was such a pussy when i got to the school level, the ghost babies freaked me out so much I waited until a next generation of graphics was upon us before I could go back & finish that. Ain't my proudest gaming story but that game, heck that series, certainly sends shivers down my spine more than the utterance of "STARZ"

God that was a tough choice, it took me like ten minutes to decide. But I've played RE1 way more and know the story better than SH but I loved SH1, I just never beat it.

Resident Evil of course...... I hate Silent Hill coz every time shes running in a ladder she always get down hahaha

1. You've obviously only ever played Silent Hill 3, which wasn't that wonderful. Plus the fact that this is the Classic Gaming forum, I think the original poster is trying to get us to choose between the original SH and RE games, not the sequels. Although I do debate the notion that the first Silent Hill is "old" enough to qualify for classic status.
2. That made no sense...

SH of course, RE has cheap scares, like something that comes out and scare you...pretty much the same on all RE games....RE4 is not scary

SH on the other hand scares you in another way, I think it makes you feel fear instead of scare you with cheap stuff, it kinda makes you wanna turn the console off...

RE is fun and it scares you, SH is fun two but it makes you be afraid

Resident Evil has too many problems too be immersive (awful camera angles, cheap inventory, unintuitive controls...), and the game just pisses me off instead of scaring me. Silent Hill, on the other hand, is much less frustrating (camera problems are mostly fixed, inventory is ok and the better camera angles allow for more intuitive control) and that allows the game to suck you in and scare the crap out of you.

So I guess my vote goes to Silent Hill...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod