What are you listening to right now

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by segageek, May 23, 2015.

1. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

2. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

So, I've been on a Shostakovich binge lately (somehow have Russia on my mind) and upon listening to his fucking awesome Symphony No. 5, I noticed a brief section that bore a striking resemblance to the musical score in a certain popular video game. It occurs around 15:50 and I set the player to start a few seconds prior. Can anyone guess what it is?

3. Nergion

Nergion Rookie

melodic black /death metal

Haiduk

4. avensis david

avensis david Novice

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. francisbaud

francisbaud Rookie

I've been listening to this song a lot lately, from a French Canadian music group

6. tealdelphi

tealdelphi Rookie

lo-fi hip-hop radio

7. Fenrisulf

Fenrisulf Rookie

Unleash the Archers, Apex.
    Great Canadian power metal bend with a female vocalist. Great vocals and great music.

8. Sightless

Sightless Veteran

Yeeyeah, Unleash the Archers is a solid choice. Happy to promote great Canadian bands.

I'm also guilty of tuning in to various lo-fi beats radio from time to time, especially if I need to get into a zone to read something and can't handle lyrics at me. :p

With working from home, sometimes my mood gets stressed and dips easily (I already struggled with this on any normal day prior to being asked to work from home). I rely on very positive and uplifting music to get me through and keep me energized. Anything I can sing along to is good, and one of my go-tos is Pentatonix. Some of those chords, they make my brain and ears tingle like mad.

Fenrisulf likes this.