What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I still want to defeat the Weapons in FF7, I've put it aside in exchange for Zero Time Dilemma on my Vita. It is the finale to the Zero Escape series that for a while seemed like it would not be made. Really excited to see how they wrap up the story.

A lot of Killing Floor 2 with my room mate. He was diagnosed with GBS last year resulting in complete paralysis from the waist down. The good news is that he's mostly recovered and he's almost maxed out my Support class o_O

Downloaded NFS for it's 10 hour trial but uninstalled it after an hour. The main factor was that the performance was total ass and the cutscenes were unbearable(I swear if I saw another fist bump or dude-bro banter...).

Tried Evolve Stage 2 as well but the performance is bogging it down. My rig's cpu fan is almost at it's maximum speed and the same settings were mostly smooth in multiplayer rather than single player. It was fun but they really need to work on selecting regions with low ping and general optimization.

Even got Elite Dangerous Arena on Steam (it's free for this weekend) and I'm yet to try it.

Sorry to hear about your room mate, kingslayer. It's good that you spend so much time with your friend playing games. I bet he really enjoys that, that would mean a lot to him. :)

I've gone back to playing The Last of Us: Remastered. Even though it's a remaster, The Last of Us is one of my favourite games and is an absolute joy to play. It's funny though, the game is two years old and now that I've played Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (also developed by Naughty Dog), I'm finally starting to see The Last of Us' age.

Can't wait to see a Last of Us 2, if it ever happens.

Thanks Master_Craig! I'll pass on your wishes to him. I also kinda mistyped my previous comment but my room mate was paralyzed from the neck down. The news shocked me when I was working in another city when I got a call from his fiancee. :shock:

Apparently it happened due to a dengue infection recovery that caused his immune system to go berserk and attack his motor nerves(a friend of his died from a dengue infection a year back). :(

Normally most GBS patients take years to recover their basic motor nerves but my friend was lucky and he could walk on his own with no support and drive too. He's well on his way to recovery and he's also going to start working out in the company gym this week. :D

We both spend a lot of time playing video games since it helps with his hand muscles and coordination plus it's great to see him having fun as well(he keeps spamming the request dosh button after every round in KF2. :)

It's nice to see that you're playing the Last of Us: Remastered and yeah, I kinda agree that Uncharted 4 makes it show it's age. Unfortunately I haven't played either of them since I don't have a PS4 but my room mate was showing interest in buying one so there may be some hope :)

Nice to see you're back. As always, I'm looking forward to next episode of GR_Strips. 8)

Got Furi with PS Plus. It's good!

It's just boss fight after boss fight, but it's designed in a way that you have to die a load of times in order to learn boss patterns etc.

Each boss has, on average, 6 phases. You start off with 3 lives, and on every successful boss phase you complete you gain a life. It's pretty fast-paced, and there is some intellect involved - you can't just rush in and button mash. First fight/tutorial is actually really good at getting you into the game.

I'm enjoying it sure, but man it's frustrating when you die on the last boss phase and have to restart the whole fight.

Music is awesome as well. 80's synthy stuff - love it! Cool stylish graphics also feature. Favourite boss fight is the Old Wise man so far:

[MINOR SPOILER: if you like to not know what the boss/boss fight looks like]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJw7JVgQrf8

Am also playing Ratchet & Clank PS4. So nostalgic and funny. Brings me back to days of Crash and Spyro - glorious!

I've almost finished The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4. I'm up to the final level.

I've forgotten how easy the stealth against humans (hunters/bandits) can be. If you get spotted, just sprint away and hide behind something. Throw a bottle or a brick. Enemies are incredibly easy to flank.

Being stealthy with clickers and runners can be a bit of a problem, though. I find using a brick/bottle to make noise, followed by a molotov or one of those metal bomb things works wonders.

I wish I could have upgraded my 'weapon sway' skill earlier. The first skill I maxed out with the pills was the Shiv Master skill, so I could kill clickers using a shiv when in a grapple. I maxed out the weapon sway skill, but sadly only by the end of the game... it makes aiming SO much easier, especially with weapons like the bow/arrow.

I've also been playing Pokemon GO. My partner and I are going out this Friday night to catch them Pokemons.

^Not bragging or anything 8) , but you should have tried going into Grounded Mode straight up with no upgrades like I did that. That my friend, very stressful at times.

Haha, I knew you were going to say that. I remember you've beaten the game on Grounded mode. Nah, I'm not that hardcore and I didn't want the stress. :p Finished the game last night too.

I bought and downloaded a game on PSN called "Dex". It was a Kickstarter game that originally came out to PC last year, now it's hit consoles.

It's a 2D RPG set in a futuristic cyberpunk world. Think Deus Ex meets Castlevania.

It's... okay. I like exploring and some of the hacking mechanics are cool and creative, but the actual combat, especially gun play can be very tedious. Stealth is a hit and miss and sometimes the game bugs out, making all my attacks useless and enemies beat the crap out of me (seriously, they'll take no damage or recoil, it's like the hits don't even register).

The story is okay, but some of the voice acting and writing is pretty bad.

Still... I'm strangely enjoying it. It's different, and I enjoy seeing the creativity of indie developers.

I've almost finished Dex. I'm hoping to have it done by tonight.

It's been an enjoyable game, but the game is riddled with annoying bugs. The worst and most frustrating bug is when enemies suddenly don't take damage, forcing you to reload your save file so you can hurt 'em again.

I'm near the end, and the difficulty just went way up.

Tales of Maj'Eyal, got back into it with a Halfling/Oozemancer and I'm just steamrolling anything that doesn't resist poison or acid. Oozemancer is powerful as is but Halfling, I have nothing in my Racial skills. Don't know why I didn't just go as Cornac for the extra category point.

I turned on my PS Vita for the first time in forever to check out the store and totally found that they ported XCOM Enemy Unknown to Vita.

The load times are hoooorrible but it's great. It has most (all? I'm not that far) of the Enemy Within content too.

Now trying out the Galactic Junk League. It is still in alpha, so there are few glitches, but it looks quite promising. I am particularly having fun building my own space ships there.

I bought Mirror's Edge: Catalyst for PS4 because it was half price on the PSN.

It's... okay. It's better than the first game that's for sure, but it doesn't really feel that fun. Free running can be pretty awesome, especially when you're chasing something or being chased, but combat is really annoying. The story is average and the characters aren't that likeable.

-Downloaded R6 Siege just to see what the fuss was about.
-Spent 1 hour fiddling with the graphics settings during gameplay to get a decent framerate. Apparently vsync and HBAO+ is broken.
-Started on the Situations while the rest of the game was downloading.
-It wasn't to bad except for the GINORMOUS gun models.
-Destruction was pretty fun and the explosion sound just right.
-Finished a couple of more training missions then started on the multiplayer.
-TDM on a plane and my ping's below 200. So far so good.
-RC car hell. Everyone's zipping across the map and how do they jump like that?
-Got head-shotted by someone who went rock-and-roll on his AR with a disgusting skin.
-Lost the match tried the snow map but got mowed down by someone who unloaded their entire shotgun on us when we entered the building.
-Managed to get my first kill but I'm wounded as well. I press F to keep my guts in.
-Played on another map and my team won the round without me firing a single shot.
-Whoa Nelly! My ping just shot up to 400 now.
-Disconnected and tried another map. Apparently sometimes it's good to stay in one spot or keep moving but I got screwed each time I did either of those things.
-Protip: People incessantly chatting into their mike in another language can really get grating and teamwork is a no go since everyone was going one way or the other. I miss the Commander prep talk in RO2.
-My ping went upto to 450 this time after waiting for 5 minutes for everyone to join in.
-Tried rappelling up to a balcony with an LMG and spray the entire room like a maniac.
-Reloaded and made an entry onto the balcony with the rest of my teammates joining in,
-I spot a barricade being torn on my left and prepare to engage... BAM. Teammate on my right headshots me while going full auto on his AR with a disgusting skin. What are the odds of that? :evil:
-I typed sarcastically 'Thanks' in the team chat and I got a simple 'Fuck you' from my teammate. After typing in a witty retort the game froze for no reason.
-Uninstalled. Was about to submit a refund when I realized it's a free weekend. Removed Uplay and booted up Rome 2.
-Played for 3 hours and I managed to add 6 more provinces to my Roman Empire. Barbarian cavalry are a bitch to take down and I wish I didn't have to travel to each province to hire cavalry. I'm having fun though 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle