"Welp, It's Official."

TheDiesel

Rookie
Sup guys,

Just got a random question that's crossed my mind, and I'll give a story to give reason:

With my GameFly account, I decided to rent Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. I've been [semi-blindly] following the GH series over Rock Band since I always liked Guitar Hero more than Rock Band, and don't really have the money to keep up with buying $60 re-iterations of Guitar Hero III. So I've been renting them every now and then to relive some fun times fucking around with plastic materials [insert the joke here, you suck McBain.]

So I've lost track with time and probably need to take it back, but I've realized now that I've played the game WAY too long for any good:

~I dominated the Quest "Storyline" part of the game, which consisted of playing, then RE-playing every song to "dominate" the character's playlist.
~Reach 1,000+ Stars in Quickplay+, which using only Guitar/Bass, takes a good long while even if the game has a Achievement for 2,000. Which I may go for...

Welp, It's Official. I've played this game way too much for my good.

Have you had any game like that?

/discuss

Oblivion.

I spent so many hours on that game that i expected my HDD to have holes in it where the Oblivion data was. Come to think of it, that HDD died only a few weeks after i took a break from Oblivion. Coincidence?

Also, FM3. Current hours spent on it are close to oblivion, because i'm constantly playing it and dicking around moddings cars stupid and seeing what car i can make the quickest. (My Murcielago @ 1.998sec 0-60.)

Man, I've put around 300 hours into Oblivion at least. I forgot about it.

So many characters. And each one of them was given some sort of backstory or something. Gotta love the roleplay potential in that game.

Though I never played Oblivion as much as I should have, I know a friend of mine clocked 250hrs+ on one character.

I think he had around 6 characters, but never knew how much more time was thrown in those.

I can certainly see Oblivion pile up that high, even though I'm only on the 40 hour mark right now. Same with Fallout.

Ive played Brawl for a good 100 hours +. Playing for those challenges is pretty fun.

I think my record in terms of time is FF12 - 120 hours. That's it though. Pussy I know.

MattAY said:
I think my record in terms of time is FF12 - 120 hours. That's it though. Pussy I know.

Hell, I got to about 85hr on that game before I GameShark'd it just to see the ending, I can only grind so much in that game. :roll:

Haha, well I still havent completed it. I actually got bored of it. The story was soooo boring, like listening to the damn local news in most of the cutscenes.

I focused mostly on the hits.

MattAY said:
I focused mostly on the tits.

Mmmm Fran...

Morrowind + Oblivion probably sucked the most out of my life. Morrowind more than Oblivion. I've also lost billions of hours to the Madden series.

Probably the most time I've ever spent on a game would be Counter-Strike: Source....

In terms of games with narratives, I logged a good 70+ hours in Grand Theft Auto IV trying to 100% it without guides.... Never did though.

Eh, who am I kidding, I have too many games to play. I'd love to get sucked in and log 100+ on Fallout 3 but I'm constantly interrupted from thoroughly enjoying that game.

Actually, the most hours I've logged into a single game series is probably MGS 1-3. I have a save somewhere with all the dog tags for all of the different difficulty levels on two. And I used to just experiment with different clear techniques, like setting C4 on several different patrol paths and killing 4 guys at once. OH THE HUMANITY!

Recently I played Dragon Age Origins four times through....trying for different things each time. I'm doing a fifth play through soon too...

LinksOcarina said:
Recently I played Dragon Age Origins four times through....trying for different things each time. I'm doing a fifth play through soon too...
I'm trying to do this across Mass Effect 1 + 2, but that makes comparing the two games SOOOO easy and 1 feels so awkward immediately after 2

LinksOcarina said:

I must be doing it wrong, but I have that game, and with all character classes and all speices I've never made it past the first tower in the big, opening battle. Got half-way up it and was completely unable to beat a group a baddies, no matter what I did, even on the easiest setting.

The hell?

Anyways, my toxic is Morrowind. Going for broke and doing every quest I can as a spell caster. Also playing GT5 and trying to get gold in all Bspec races, keep watching my driver spin out in a 76 Ferrari 512BB... :cry:

My main toon on WoW had something like 120 days played before I quit pre-WotLK....But does WoW really count?

My Fallout 3 file has around 100 hours while my Oblivion time is probably around 150 hours...And then Steam says I've played Modern Warfare 2 for 180 hours...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master