Trading In Games...

Where do you trade in your games, if ever?

• EB Games (GameStop)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Future Shop/BestBuy

• BlockBuster/Rental Place

• Small Local Buinesses

• Total voters
I recently realized I have too many games, and now I'm trying to figure out where to trade 'em in. BUT. When I lined up all the games I wanted to get rid of, I realized there's 57 :shock: ... Does anyone know if Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB Games(Gamestop for you Yanks) accepts that many games at one time? And, what is your thoughts on the trading in of games to said stores?

I keep all my games.. I know as soon as I get rid of them ill want to play said game within a week.

But I do know blockbuster and best buy will take as many games as you have. But many of them you probably won't get much more than 2 dollars for. Then you have to decide if the game is worth getting rid of for such a low price.

I think there are a few games they won't take at all. But those are few and far between, though I could be entirely wrong about that part. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Ya, normally I don't do trade-ins... But I ran out of funds, and desperately want MAG and/or Bad Company 2. So, I'm releasing my PS2 games into the system, with 15 PSP and 13 PS3 games, and 6 GameCube games. If I trade in at EB Games, and looking at this website http://www.tivs.ca/ I'll get roughly 200$ of in-store value from all of them, at about 2$ for each last-gen system. Every game I'm trading in I have beat throughly, like MGS4 and 3 CoD games.

Will places like Gamestop straight up buy games off you? I have a few new PC titles that have only been used once.

Do you only get store credit or what?

You're asking the wrong people, go ask a store clerk ;)

In terms of trading in games, I'd only do that if I had all the achievements (dorky and pedantic I know, but that's just how I deem a game fully complete). So far, I only have all of them for Dead Space and RE5...but I love those games too much to trade them in anyway. So my stance on trading, is I never do it!

PS - Hi Krow!

Last time I traded in, they would trade in for money, but it'd be less than what they give you for store credit. And, that was at least 4 years ago, so I'm not sure... I know the local gaming store didn't accept PC games, just because some games let you do a full install and not need the disks. Other than that, I've never tried trading in PC games.

And well, I figured I'd give it a shot on here, couldn't hurt :p that much... I'm going in this morning to trade them in, so I'll find out soon enough.

Segageek makes a valid point. I know I've traded games on kijiji. I just say I have so and so game and am looking to trade for fill in the blank and within a week someone is usually up for it.

Trade ins are just a huge rip off.. Do you really want to part with 30 games for 200 bucks? I do know a lot of people that never have more than 2-3 games though, they just beat and trade.. I myself like having a collection and being able to go back when I'm bored.

All I know is I really regret getting rid of my nes, snes, n64, and for that reason ill never get rid of another system again.. Or games. There's no point imo.

Normally I wouldn't trade in, but there's three or four games I want fast... Just broke up with GF for another girl, whom i found out didn't actually like me, grandfather is dying, and just had Exams, so I want some people to shoot in the face. I loaned MW2 to a buddy, so... and it was 57 games in total, 22 for PS2, 13 for PS3, about... 20ish for PSP, and 6 for GC. I'm looking at MAG, BC2, and Just Cause 2, because at EB I can trade in and get JC2 for free with 3 trade-ins :p

Also, I dislike using eBay and Kijiji... They take a while to get through the system, having used it before, and the spinning wheel bike we got once was broken. At least with EB Games, I know it'll be in one piece, and it's insta-gratification.

I got a copy of mag that I will sell ya. Give me 30 bucks and you can have it. I dont play it at all anymore and wouldnt get that much for it from gamestop. And it is cheaper than you would pay for it used there also.

We can set something up online if you need to to make it official? Just offering.

I would Toledo, but the reason I just don't straight-out buy it is because I don't have the cash :S With the trade-ins, I'll have enough for BC2, MAG, and Just Cause 2. without it... I've got 15 Canadian $ :(

I didn't read the thread...But if you want to start trading your games check out http://www.goozex.com it's a website where you offer up games you are willing to trade and other people get them from you...All while you acquire points to request games that you want as well. All you have to do is pay for shipping your old game to the new person.

I've heard of Goozex before... It seemed like a good idea, but the time it would take to put up all 57 games online, and then watching them all while waiting for a trade, would just be too much for me :p . That, and over half of my games are last-gen and PSP games, while I want PS3 games that are brand-spanking new (relatively), so there's no way anyone would consider them fair trades. I'm thinking I'll head into EB Games tomorrow, and blow their minds with my massive trade-in 8)

It's not just one person trades a second person for games...You put up your list of games that you have to trade, which acquire points to your account, when someone says they want that game they send you their address. You use the points that you get from putting up your games to request whatever game you want...

Well, that sounds like a good thing... But I just don't think it'd work for me :? I dislike having to mail things, and 75% of my games are archaic titles no one would want... An example, would be Sled Storm for PS2, and Ghost Recon for PS2 also, the original. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo