Gamestop question

telefono

Rookie
Hello hello, I have a question about Gamestop (or any other video game shop).
I know you can trade-in games. But, can you trade-in hardware, more specifically, 360 controllers and 360 HDD's (20GB and 120GB)? If so, any idea on how much I would be getting (I know they don't actually give you cash)?
I could sell them online here, but I'm going to the US in a couple of weeks and I thought it might be easier to get rid of these stuff this way.

Thanks

I'm from UK, so I'm afraid I dont know exact values. But my friend went to a game store (GAME), and he traded in his 360 with about 6 games, and a gamecube with a bundle of games, all for a PS3 with MGS4, Uncharted and Infamous

...you do the math haha. But if it helps, there you go :)

If you want cash though, try eBay or something.

The way you'll get the most cash is by doing it online. You'll get next to nothing if you give in your system.

That being said you can trade in hardware. But Rakon's right, if you wanna sell your system post it on eBay or something like that. Odds are you'll get more money for it.

I've been looking to trade in my Xbox for quite some time, seeing as the 360 is backwards compatible. I looked into Hollywood Video (my local store)'s trade-in values for it, and apparently you get fifty bucks for a trade-in Xbox. Great deal, really. I could give that thing in and get Fallout.

Especially because Ebay's got about the same prices for selling Xbox's.

I manage to sell one of my wireless 360 controller for 28 bucks on craigslist. If you're going to do this way, make sure you don't tell your address and follow the craiglist rule book.

Yeah don't make a franchise store your middle man, you get way more if you sell it yourself.

Where's LinksOcarina at? He should know the answers, he works at GameStop.
telefono, they do give you cash...but not that much i'm afraid

Ok.

A 360 is a standard price of either $70 or $80 U.S in store credit. Even with a hard drive, it's this price. The only factor leading to the change in $10.00 is the type of controller, you get more for a wireless one. And thats if the system works.

Hard drives are seperate, and depending on the amount is the amount you get for them. Usually it's $15-20 for a 20 gig, and $40-50 for 120 gig.

Controllers it depends on the type again. Usually it's abour $8-10 per wireless controller.

And everything here is store credit, for cash, its always 20% less of the totals. And if you have an edge card, that only adds 10% to it before the 20% is enacted, so your losing a significant amount of money for cash.

My advice, sell it on E-Bay as a whole package for $200.00 You will make A LOT MORE then going to gamestop this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod