So I have an economic question for yall

I'm thinking about getting Street Fighter 4. First off, yes or no? Now if yes, should I just get it for 60 bones (American) or should I wait for a deal which may or may not take place in the future? The next thought I had is that at GameStop, they will give you an extra 20% trade in value when you trade in games towards the purchase of Street Fighter 4. Now the games I would trade in might be Uncharted because a new one is coming out and I already beat it (but didn't unlock all the trophies), Assassin's Creed (played for a little bit, then got new games and never went back to it. Seemed fun, but I don't know if I will ever play it again), and Soul Calibur 4 (played it and enjoyed it, but I'm really a Tekken kinda guy. It was fun, but I would be willing to replace it with Tekken or Street Fighter). What do you guys think? I wonder how much I could get for these games? Or would it be better just to keep them and buy the game? Your input would be much appreciated.

Edit: Thinking about it, this topic could have been placed in general gaming because it is a pretty general gaming type topic. If any mods want to move it feel free, if not, it will do fine right here.

I'll just move this one.

Also, why not fire up Assassin's Creed right now and see if you think you'd like to keep it? It really is a great game and worth playing through at least once.

As was already suggested, you may want to try Amazon, Ebay or even Craigslist before Gamestop. There's a good chance you'll get a better deal going that route.

Lethean said:
As was already suggested, you may want to try Amazon, Ebay or even Craigslist before Gamestop. There's a good chance you'll get a better deal going that route.
Or Newegg.

I'd at least get rid of SCIV, because you're buying something twice as good I believe.

Oh. I was talking about places to unload his old games for better resale value. Newegg is a good place to buy from though for pretty much anything.

I will admit that the main reason for wanting to trade in the games is actually to decrease the size of my game collection. I feel a bit embarrassed when I see all the games I have and don't play/don't have time to play. I want the new Street Fighter, but I have too many games already. Solution: Get rid of games.

P.S. Used, you smell.

Trade Soul Calibur for Street Fighter? Seems logical since you're a SF kinda guy, but would you miss Soul Calibur?

This is from the person who works at Gamestop.

As long as your games are fairly new or popular, usually $15.00 or more in trade in value, they can lead to the purchase of Street Fighter IV.

I think of what you have only Soul Calibur fits, Assassins Creed is maybe $3.00, and Uncharted might be in the range but if so it's around $10-$15.

So my suggestion is to sell them elsewhere and use that money to buy the game flat out.

GameStop would give me $3.00 for Assassin's Creed?! That's why I've never traded in or sold games to them.

Well boys and girl (that means you used), I went over to the local gamestop and traded in my copy of Soul Calibur 4 and received $18 for the trade in. I then purchased their last copy of Street Fighter 4 for the PS3 for about $45. I would say that this was an excellent decision because SF4 is so much better than SC4. SC4 was the first in the series that I owned, so I didn't have a long history with the franchise. Street Fighter on the other hand... so many memories. I'm not a big fan of Rufus or C. Viper, but the other two new additions seem alright.

Isn't SF4 a rehash from SF 2?? ...

I got used to SF by playing again and again SF 2 HD remix and got owned hard for many weeks but when I look at 4 I only see rehashed gameplay, shitty music and nice visuals (and cool physics)

Still, not worth 60$ in my opinion.

Though I really want someone to prove me wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod