This Or That: Intellectual Edition

Not really, but i think we should have actual discussions about stuff instead of just randomly picking between two things.

Would you rather spend a day on an undiscovered planet, or a year traveling across the whole world?

Important follow up needed, will the undiscovered planet have oxygen, or a survivable atmosphere period?

The perils of an undiscovered world are quite great. What kind of equipment do we get? Are there aliens? Are they hostile? Am I being probed for amusement or for science? All important questions.

Of course, as an American, I'd have to ask myself these same questions if I traveled abroad.

It's livable, and there's water/plant life on it. That's all you know. And you have a safe return back to Earth at the end of the day if you're still alive by then.

keepithowitis said:
It's livable, and there's water/plant life on it. That's all you know. And you have a safe return back to Earth at the end of the day if you're still alive by then.

Hey, fuck it. Go big or go home. Besides, if I get eaten, who besides my mom will really miss me?

Beam me up.

Definitely spending a day on an undiscovered planet. If you live, then it's a once in a lifetime adventure. If you die... well... it's in the name of exploration. Just make sure you're not wearing any red shirts when you go.

I'd spend a year travelling across the globe. I've never left North America so I'd rather check out Earth before going to other planets, lol.

Definitely the other, unexplored planet. You can't go wrong with the place where there are no other humans. But you can get lost and freeze to death on Earth in a year. Besides, Earth animals above the water level seem rather predictable, they all have nostrils. I want to see animals that don't have nostrils.

Really, though, I'd do the unexplored planet. I've been all around the Earth, to like 4 continents and 16 countries. Eh, I'm tired of it, though I wouldn't mind going back to Japan.

Travelling hands down. Japan, Australia, New Zealand, America and Canada....they're all the places I want to visit! Planet Xeon I do NOT want to viisit.

Viruses, bacteria, funguses, and God knows what else. Not only do you have to worry about picking one of those up on your trip, but no government on earth would let you land and disembark after being on another world without a long Quarantine first. Then there is the damage you could do to that planet‘s ecosystem, totally unintentionally of course, if a earth microbe or microbes are introduced into its environment.

undiscovered planet..

if the question was you can spend a day on an undiscovered planet and be killed at the end of the day, or travel the world and come home safe, i'd still have to deeply think about it. this is assuming distant space travel isn't already common in this scenario.

if this was something i would do and no one else would for hundreds of years, if ever... then i'd really consider it.

I would travel the world I haven't been away from North America so i would to just go all around the world and travel

MattAY said:
Travelling hands down. Japan, Australia, New Zealand, America and Canada....they're all the places I want to visit! Planet Xeon I do NOT want to viisit.
How about the planet of the cute Asian nymphomaniacs girls? :wink:

Any asshole with enough of their parent's money can take a world tour. I would go for something truly unique. Explore the unexplored planet, for shore.

Only on GR would a game of Would You Rather? be titled This Or That Intellectual Edition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod