The Witcher 3

Joe_Dodson

Rookie
A 70 for the Witcher 3. I was all set to assume this was on account of letter grades not playing well with Metacritic. But no, you abandoned the letter grades in favor of a multiple R system. A game is R, or RRRR! or RRRRR!

The Witcher 3 is somewhere between RRR and RRRR.

ARRRRRRGH

I give your three and a half Rs an F! FFFF!

Let's be clear: this is not a real criticism of Jonathan.

I don't know him, but I'm sure he's a AA+. Or RRRR! I trill my throat like a pleased fish person on his behalf.

It's just been awhile since I made fun of anything on Game Revolution. It was time.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Should have given it a lower score for ignoring the downgrade until after they got all that pre-order and launch money

So I guess one less R?

So a former contributor of GR comes by and complains how GR changed and leaves? Seems like that's what's going to happen.

Apparently the star system corresponds with the grading system in the sense that a 5 is an A, a 4 is a B+, etc. But it doesn't translate that well, since just about every single indie game gets a 3.5-4.5.

Sourdeez said:
Should have given it a lower score for ignoring the downgrade until after they got all that pre-order and launch money
tumblr_miji5mlS8q1qffqjqo1_250.gif

Longo_2_guns said:
Sourdeez said:
tumblr_miji5mlS8q1qffqjqo1_250.gif

I was honestly waiting for that to get its own thread. Took a lot longer to get here than I thought it would.

Speaking of The Rock though, I just got an Instagram account last week and he's pretty much the best person to follow.

I know this thread is about a week old, but I'm surprised you're remarking on the star system that's been in practice for the last 3.5 years... or how shall I put it?... somewhere between YYY and YYYY.

eh, ive been mostly ignoring grades for a while now on the site.

I hate all numerical or star-system grades like that. it's bad enough im forced to do them.

Oh come on, what's the difference in grading systems REALLY?

It's like decimals to percentages, just bloody figure it out to your own OCD.

I get grades. Most people want them, and they provide a quick synopsis of how a particular writer likes a game. I understand if people don't have the time to read every review on a particular game before buying it, as much as I want them to read them.

I believe the five-star rating system is direct enough and shared enough between other mediums like TV, movies, food, and music to be universal. I wish that aggregate sites would condense the 0-100 scale to just five stars because I find that the 0-100 scale is too tainted by school testing to be a fair assessment.

I hope that at the very least my review offers a unique perspective on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I can say with absolute certainty after spending another 20 hours in the game after my review that it isn't for me. I got very little joy from it, sadly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod