The founder of CYOA books died...

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
http://www.cyoa.com/pages/r-a-montgomery-1936-2014

That leaves me only one choice.

Awake

"Dammit all." I clenched my eyes shut, letting the breath escape between my teeth. Opening them a moment earlier had made the world spin and I needed to steady myself before I tried again. Sitting there in my self-imposed darkness I started a personal inventory. My head was throbbing, probably caused by the lump just above my right ear. That side was also sticky and my shirt had the crunchy texture that results from dried blood. Other than that though, I felt good.

Taking a deep breath, I cracked open one eye...

and saw a dark cell, pg 8.
and surveyed a smoking wreck, pg 42.
to see another set of eyes, pg 90.

First choice to three votes continues the story.[/b]

pg 42, Seatbelts save lives

Everything was sideways. Was it the bump on the head? No...things were actually sideways. Broken glass was scattered all around me and faint trails of smoke hung in the air, wires sent up sparks in several areas and I hung in the middle of it all. Swaying back and forth, suspended by nothing more than my safety straps.

My eyes finally focused and I saw something bad...well, more bad than everything else. Just below me I saw that the smoke had a starting point and it just happened to be near the concentration of sparking wires and slowly moving its way closer was a big pool of fuel.

pg. 7, Curl into a ball
pg. 23, Call for help
pg. 18, Cut the strap

Close Call

The pool of gasoline inched closer and closer to the sparks and the only thing I could think of was cutting the strap. But with what? Looking around the cabin, I didn't have anything sharp like a knife. I tried the button. Nothing. I jammed at it repeatedly, all the while swinging, back and forth, back and forth. My frantic motions swung me in wider and wider loops as the fuel got closer and closer to the wires below.

That's when I saw it. Sticking out of the back of my chair was a jagged piece of metal. I turned myself to the right angle and pulled. It came free and I felt grateful that the chair back stood in for my own back. I started to work on the strap. Less than a minute of work and it was fraying. My weight helping with the work. When the strap was finally cut through I fell. My focus was so intent on getting free that I didn't think this part out...

Stars swum in my vision. It was a short fall, only 3 or 4 feet, but it had been headfirst for the most part. I had landed with a splash and as I stumbled to get up another spark went off. It landed on my damp shirt...damp with fuel. The flames burst to life.

pg 402, take off the shirt
pg 15, stop drop and roll
pg 55, look for something wet to put it out

Sorry, guys, life is busy and my iPad, where I do all my internet browsing, took a dump. The monitor is black and flashes the homescreen in cyan and magenta...fun! Guess I'll use the laptop this weekend!

Shirt off my back

The fuel ignited quick and hot and I could feel the heat on my skin. Purely by impulse I ripped the shirt off of me. I felt a pain on ribs and looked down to see that I had taken a patch of skin with it. I grimaced as the pain sent waves of nausea through my body. But there was no time for that. I steadied myself against a wall and started to look for an exit. The flames were growing in the pilot's cabin and the first thing I needed to do was get away from there.

Head to the passengers' cabin, pg 10
Head to the cargo hold, pg 20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod