The Fighter Character Battle: 2011 Edition

Aw hell, two of my picks aren't even there.

Makoto
Lili
Bonne Jenet
Scorpion

Which is to say none of them are making it to the final four. Except Scorps.

Well...this is interesting.

Before I go and reveal what happens next, let's do some housekeeping

For starters, our sixteen finalists come from a total of 9 games (which I believe is tied, or close to, a record).

Street Fighter once again has the most fighters left with 4, but surprisingly Mortal Kombat has made a resurgence this year, with 3 finalists in the mix. Tekken has only 2 fighters (the first time they have had 2 or less at this stage in the tournament, and Soul Calibur also has 2 representatives, with Blazblue, Garou: MOTW, The Last Blade, Virtua Fighter and Killer Instinct each getting representation as well.

This marks the fifth time in a row that both Scorpion and Vega have made the top sixteen, as well as the third time for Yoshimitsu. No doubt, the three of them are big favorites.

Of the players left, only Yoshimitsu and Vega have made it to the final round before, losing to both Armor King and Sol Badguy, respectively. Scorpion has made the top 8 before, but otherwise everyone else is either here for the first time, or has not gotten out of the top 16.

This is the first time we do not have Guilty Gear represented in the top 16. It is also the first time one of the Mishimas or Laws from Tekken is represented.

This is also the first time The Last Blade and Garou: MOTW will make it to the top 16, with Bonne Jenet being the only representative of her game specifically entered in the tournament.

We also have a record of 7 women still in the competition, with Lili, Makoto, Chun-Li, Sophitia, Cammy, Bonne Jenet, and Seung-Mina still alive. And technically, since Spinal, Raiden and Yoshimitsu are not males (although they are in appearance) this makes the women the dominant force at this stage in the tournament for the first time.

Spinal is also the first "creature" to make it this far since his fellow Killer Instinct Alum Sabrewulf, three tourneys ago.

Lastly, of the characters left, you guys voted Chun-Li and Yoshimitsu as the two major favorites for the final 4.

Which is why they are now the opening match :twisted:

Yeah, thats right, the votes this time around are determining the opening match order, with the top 4 being the first two rounds. The rest are getting random lots this time around.

Because we had 8 choices for second (at a whopping 2 votes a piece) I drew lots for their matchups as well...so enjoy.

Let's continue the matchups, gents. First up

CHUN-LI

chunli-hdstance.gif

VS

YOSHIMITSU

yshi-sc2fix.jpg

I am abstaining from here on out, let the voting begin.

I love them both - I LOVE THEM BOOOTH!

Yoshimitsu's getting owned anyway, so I'll vote for the babe - Chun Li

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle