The Dark Knight Rises |OT| This ramadan... He rises...

danielrbischoff said:
Alex and I will be co-running a roundtable of Dark Knight Rises. We need two people to join us. :) Anyone up for it? I'm thinking we record on Friday and it goes on the site next Monday. Anyone available and willing this Friday? for sex.

I'm free! i'm available! I'm a batman fan! I took the marathon! What time!

Lien said:
danielrbischoff said:
Alex and I will be co-running a roundtable of Dark Knight Rises. We need two people to join us. :) Anyone up for it? I'm thinking we record on Friday and it goes on the site next Monday. Anyone available and willing this Friday? for sex.

I'm free! i'm available! I'm a batman fan! I took the marathon! What time!
I also recently watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. That's why it felt predictable at times for me.

Just saw this today in IMAX in Seattle. We got there a little later than we should have, so we sat in the second row. So maybe having the screen be so big as to barely fit inside the view of my glasses has tinged how I viewed the movie.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed. I never felt like there was a dull moment throughout the movie, and it was paced so well that the long running time was hardly a concern for me.

While it was obviously not going to be as good as the Dark Knight, only because Heath Ledger's performance in that was outrageously incredible, I thought it was a damned good movie anyways, with strong performances from most of the cast. Out of the three movies, I think Christian Bale turned in his best performance here. Anne Hathaway was excellent as well. I thought she was really good at portraying the thought process her character was going through using her face. Excellent casting choice by Nolan. And I thought Tom Hardy did a great job too. There were only a few times where I couldn't understand what he was saying. They really boosted his audio pretty well.

Possible Spoilers Here.
I thought the twist at the end was well executed and I certainly did not expect it. I can also understand why some people are pissed about the happy ending for Bruce Wayne. People really wanted to see the death of Batman, and well, that's what they got. It never meant that Bruce Wayne had to die too. They definitely set up for another movie, but I find it hard to believe that Nolan will do another film for some time. Maybe he will, and has changed his mind, but I think it was less of a direct setup for a new movie than trying to provide some kind of continuity for the universe. If DC wants to do the Justice League crap, which is crap in my opinion, there's no way they could include Nolan's visioning of batman anyways. It's just too realistic for the likes of Superman and such.

These Last Thoughts Are NOT Spoilers.
Well, that's enough for now. My first impression is really that this trilogy is probably one of the best trilogies in film. Maybe I'll change my mind upon seeing all three films again, but It really stuck with me in a way the lord of the rings never did. The Return of the King was too long and too bloated compared to this, even though the running times are similar. Tolkien's stories just don't climax well, and he handles the aftermath really poorly. I guess Peter Jackson did the best he could, but Nolan's pacing and overall arch between the movies is far better in my mind.

Michael Caine was good, Bane was good, but I wasn't blown away by anything. I felt the same about The Amazing Spider-Man movie. They were both serviceable, but neither were must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdtQVzJ3MEI
The Dark Knight Returns part 1 animated trailer. DC Animation is as good as American animation gets outside of Disney. I'll most likely end up liking this more than The Dark Knight Rises.

Optimus-Crime said:
Michael Caine was good, Bane was good, but I wasn't blown away by anything. I felt the same about The Amazing Spider-Man movie. They were both serviceable, but neither were must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdtQVzJ3MEI
The Dark Knight Returns part 1 animated trailer. DC Animation is as good as American animation gets outside of Disney. I'll most likely end up liking this more than The Dark Knight Rises.
Sweet!

Okay, so I bought a junior-novel at Wal-Mart. It'sThe Dark Knight Legend It said on the cover about it being the story that leads up to The Dark Knight Rises. So, I bought it, because I thought it was going to be a prequel to the film. I was thinking it was going to be a book about what life is like in Gotham City for 8 years without Batman and Bruce Wayne. Oh how horribly wrong I was. I read the book and all it was, was Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in the books. Everything was the same from the films. I read the summary of the book and I was upset, because I was so stupid to purchase this.

I saw this movie about 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend and I really enjoyed it.
SPOILERS

One thing I didn't like was that once Miranda was revealed to be Talia, it made Bane's role as the villain diminish, I'm not sure who's plan it was but I would like to believe that Bane played a large part in developing the plan for the destruction of Gotham. The film made it seem almost that Talia was the mastermind and Bane was just more of a soldier following her lead.

Also Bane's death was very anti-climatic and I thought Batman should have been the one to dispose of him

Delta47 said:
SPOILERS

One thing I didn't like was that once Miranda was revealed to be Talia, it made Bane's role as the villain diminish, I'm not sure who's plan it was but I would like to believe that Bane played a large part in developing the plan for the destruction of Gotham. The film made it seem almost that Talia was the mastermind and Bane was just more of a soldier following her lead.

Also Bane's death was very anti-climatic and I thought Batman should have been the one to dispose of him
Yeah, I noticed that as well. It made you feel bad for Bane.

UghRochester said:
Delta47 said:
SPOILERS

It reminded me of how scarecrow got defeated in batman begins...

Lien said:
UghRochester said:
Delta47 said:
SPOILERS

It reminded me of how scarecrow got defeated in batman begins...
Yeah it is similar but you would figure "Gotham's Reckoning" would take a little more than getting blown to shit

I'm bumping this because I just saw it.

I'm quoting spoilers so stop reading if you still haven't seen this.

UghRochester said:
the cliff hanger Nolan added. He mentioned he's done with the Batman movies, but it appears Johnny Blake has an interest in the Batman. That lady even mentions his name "Robin." So, what could this lead to? I don't know any Robins by the name of "Robin."

Once it was revealed Blake was the "Robin" of Nolan's Batman Universe I assumed he would go on to become Nightwing and replace Batman as the new vigilante in Gotham.

Also, is it just me or did it feel like the scene where Alfred sees Bruce at the end feel a bit odd? I wasn't sure if it was real or another one of Alfred's fantasies he would have while on vacation. If it was just a way for Alfred to cope with the death of Bruce then that makes the ending very depressing.

Wes said:
I'm bumping this because I just saw it.

I'm quoting spoilers so stop reading if you still haven't seen this.

UghRochester said:
the cliff hanger Nolan added. He mentioned he's done with the Batman movies, but it appears Johnny Blake has an interest in the Batman. That lady even mentions his name "Robin." So, what could this lead to? I don't know any Robins by the name of "Robin."

Once it was revealed Blake was the "Robin" of Nolan's Batman Universe I assumed he would go on to become Nightwing and replace Batman as the new vigilante in Gotham.

Also, is it just me or did it feel like the scene where Alfred sees Bruce at the end feel a bit odd? I wasn't sure if it was real or another one of Alfred's fantasies he would have while on vacation. If it was just a way for Alfred to cope with the death of Bruce then that makes the ending very depressing.
It was real Bruce. See, Lucious logs in to the computer and it said the auto-pilot was fixed already. The last login was Bruce Wayne. Therefore, you can conclude Batman didn't die nor did Bruce.

Meh, I'll bite.

teh spolierZ

The whole "Alfred was dreaming" sounds like too much Inception. I don't think Alfred seeing Bruce is up for debate, I'm pretty sure he actually saw them.

Batman used the autopilot on his flying thingy and ejected before he was within the blast radius. At the end Lucious Fox discovers that the auto pilot had been fixed which is a big clue.

Alfred told Bruce about his fantasy of seeing him with a wife or girlfriend and he wanted to fulfill that dream of his.

I also think it would be awesome if Blake became a Nightwing type character. Sure he doesn't share the same real name as Robin, but he was acting like a sidekick through out the movie so he was "Robin", just a different type of Robin for a different Batman Universe. And if this is to have any connection to the comics in any way, then once Robin gives up being Batman's sidekick, he does his own solo gig as Nightwing.

However, Nolan is done with the franchise and we're left to believe Batman's torch has been passed to Blake who will become some sort of vigilante to protect Gotham.

haha you mean Richard from Lost?

4viwqt.gif

While looking up some stuff about Lost I found out the answer to the mystery is he doesn't wear guyliner, so why the hell does he look like he does???

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle