The Dark Knight Rises |OT| This ramadan... He rises...

Lien

Rookie
DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA!
f8e70540.jpg

*Clear throat* Ahem... yeah so i just got some tickets from the metreon In SF for the full batman marathon on july 19th. So, that's batman begins at 6 PM, then dark night at 9 and then the world premier of dark night rises at midnight.
Which brings me to the reason i made this topic: Let's meet up next week! Any GR in the bay area's coming too? we should totally meet up with matching masks!

Lien fun fact: Bane's chant "DESHI BASARA" is arabic for "the fire rises". Coincidentally, the movie is coming up on the night of this lunar year's Ramadan... meaning even the freakin' moon and the stars are lining up to see this epic film! IT CANNOT SUCK!

I would never be able to sit through a marathon of 2 or more movies at a theater. Have fun though!

Agreed, used. I sat through a marathon for the Matrix and I reached saturation point halfway through the second. Even with how much I enjoy the Batman movies, I think the same would happen here. Mostly because if I'm going to watch that much I would want to lay down or something.

Lien, you should edit your title to say TDKR OT so people don't post more threads.

Movie marathons are tough shit. Sitting for that long is hard on EVERYONE.

Wow, you guys have tickets already?

Actually I do remember when TDK came out it was ridiculously impossible to get tickets in IMAX. And there was no such thing as AVX in 2008, at least not in Toronto.

Despite the fact it was an incredible film I know there was a lot of hype over Heath Ledger's death. I was hoping with this one it won't be as insane to get tickets. Regardless I'm definately going to see this in AVX. Screw lining up for 6 hours to get good seats, lol.

Christopher Nolan can do no wrong IMO and I'm so happy he doesn't give two shits about 3D.

I was talking with someone about how DKR was gonna beat out Avengers in total grossing, but I commented that it wasn't going to be possible due to the lack of 3D, the overall rewatchability of Avengers, and the fact that Avengers is going to turn out to be the better movie of the two. But besides that, yeah. It's gonna be pretty good.

I dunno what I'm gonna be doing when it comes out, so I'll have to figure it out as I go.

You can't compare TDKR to The Avengers. First of all THEY'RE FROM TWO SEPERATE WORLDS.

comicbookguy.gif

But serously, Avengers is funny and outlandish, Dark Knight is dark and dramatic. Both awesome for their own reasons. The only way I could pick which is better is by the flip of a coin. No wait, I should actually see TDKR before I say this.

danielrbischoff said:
Lien, you should edit your title to say TDKR OT so people don't post more threads.

Movie marathons are tough s***. Sitting for that long is hard on EVERYONE.

Aye it's done and sorry i always forget to do that...

And buddy, i did a LOTR marathon last year... en entire day morning to midnight with an hour long intermission between film. They even gave us flyers to help us relax between the film... My butt was still clenched during the whole film... still is now. I got battle scars!

Are there a lot of GR people from the Bay Area? It's awesome how some of you have met up IRL.

Bretimus_v2 said:
And yet, none of the BA folks have. :(
Yeah, I've never met any of the other Bay Area guys.

I peed next to a French guy at a Giants game once. Maybe it was Lien.

Don't need to see Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, because I have them both on DVD. That's right, it's on DVD. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
6764772_std.jpg

Anyways, I'm going to see the film on the 24th, because I have work the knight it launches. Can't afford to miss work I too remember seeing The Dark Knight in theaters. I don't know about you guy, but that's one of the best opening scenes I've seen in movies.

Pshh, I have them both on BD, wanna fight about it.

If everything goes according to plan, I will be seeing this Friday morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod