The Dark Knight Rises |OT| This ramadan... He rises...

Well just came out of the three movie marathon... my butt still hurts and i'm too tired to talk... but i can tell you one thing, i was awake during the whole 8 hours of film.

I just don't understand what would make someone do something like this. The reasoning (or lack there of) behind mass random attackings just disgusts me.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I just don't understand what would make someone do something like this. The reasoning (or lack there of) behind mass random attackings just disgusts me.

severe psychological issues you and I will (hopefully) never understand. I feel bad for the victims and the shooter.

I just hope it's sooner rather than later that we'll have the technology to diagnose these people that are ticking time bombs before they go and do horrific things like this.

like the guy who cut the poor kids head off on the bus in Canada. he can't live with himself now that he knows what he did. schizo and thought he was saving the world from an alien invasion.

I loved it and will most likely go see it with the family this weekend because well who can deny a free ticket to an great movie

I'll be seeing it next weekend in Seattle on the big IMAX screen at the pacific science center. We'll also be going to see the big King Tut traveling exhibit they have up there right now too. Kill two birds with one stone.

I was all ready to go first thing this morning and then my wife turned on the news. She told me I couldn't go.

She later admitted that she kinda over-reacted, but now it means I probably won't see it for awhile.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I was all ready to go first thing this morning and then my wife turned on the news. She told me I couldn't go.

She later admitted that she kinda over-reacted, but now it means I probably won't see it for awhile.
Aww bummer. I really hope this doesn't affect the way people live their lives.... I'll leave the commentary for the other thread.

It sucks that this happened. The bastard robbed us of enjoying the film since now when you think of TDKR you think of this shooting.

Regardless, I still saw TDKR Friday night in AVX and it was fantastic. After seeing Tom Hardy in Bronson and now as Bane it's safe for me to say he's one of the most underrated actors over the past couple years.

I honestly thought Dark Knight was better. Rises was good, don't get me wrong, but I had some nagging issues, mainly the very bond-esque villain that Bane became to be, which kind of made it off-putting.

Rises was good, but like I said in the other thread, there was waaaaay too little Batman. Like, there was one short Batman scene, and then he gets beat up. And then at the end there was another short Batman scene. And then he gets beat up. Like, it was a 3 hour movie with Batman in it for all of 20 minutes. And 10 of those minutes he's being beat up.

LinksOcarina said:
I honestly thought Dark Knight was better.
You and everyone else who saw the film said that. Don't make it sound you are doing a last man stand here against a ravaging horde of bane fanboys here.

The great thing about the dark night was that it didn't have an end... but neither did it have a beginning. There were no reference to bruce's parents being shot nor did it end with the cap crusader giving up.

But the last film though, was made specifically to end. I won't make no spoilers here to anyone who haven't seen it (i seen too many of my comments removed during the Prometheus thread :evil: ). But i can tell you in all honest opinion that the dark knight was greater. Better? Depends. I actually thought there was connection with the audience to the characters here (yes including bane) instead of a "haha he's evil, just accept it!" kind of feel.

But in term of narration, pacing, immersion and quality of acting (see joker), The dark knight wins hands down.

Now don't get me wrong, you HAVE to see the dark knight rises. It's a work of art and it got intense action scenes in my opinion. But then i did the mistake of watching the marathon first... and i realized no one can surpass Heath ledger's performance... no one!

Lien said:
LinksOcarina said:
I honestly thought Dark Knight was better.
You and everyone else who saw the film said that. Don't make it sound you are doing a last man stand here against a ravaging horde of bane fanboys here.

You make it sound like I want to be a martyr, Lien. I was just stating a simple well, opinion really.

Spoilers in this post! Don't see why I have to color everything white or change the size to zero, because if you click this topic, you're going to get spoiled.

Anyways, I saw The Dark Knight Rises today. I liked how Nolan's direction of making it feel IRL and not filled with comic book fiction such the venom to make Bane stronger. The main reason people would like The Dark Knight so much better is for the fact Heath Ledger did a flawless job as portraying The Joker. So, when I went into seeing this film, I knew right away that it wouldn't be as great as The Dark Knight. If you go and see the film, expecting it to better than The Dark Knight, you're going to be a little upset. The movie was great itself.

I enjoyed the story. However, it was predictable at times. When it mentioned Bane was part of The League of Shadows (Assassins), right away I knew why Catwoman wanted the fingerprints for John Daggett. I also knew Ra's Al Ghul would make another appearance in film. Nolan's creation of life without The Batman (or Bruce Wayne for that matter) was shown. I didn't see the city suffering as much from crime families as I did in The Dark Knight. As I recall from The Dark Knight, the heads of the major crime families were either killed, free still, or locked up. Why wasn't any of that involved in this film? A lot could have happened in 8 years, but none of that was mentioned. I did enjoy them mentioning a little bit of Bane's origin by being raised in the prison. Also, seeing the famous breaking Batman's back. Since it was a movie, Bruce recovered, but Jean-Paul Valley wasn't even mentioned during the film. They didn't even mention how long it took Bruce to recover either.

Toward the ending, there's always a twist in films like these. I was waiting for it and finally, Talia Al Ghul's identity was revealed. It thrown me off there, because I'm pretty certain Tallia loves Bruce and not Bane. I think Nolan got mixed up with that part, because Ra's wanted Talia to marry Bane, but she refused to. Not only was that part I didn't like, but the cliff hanger Nolan added. He mentioned he's done with the Batman movies, but it appears Johnny Blake has an interest in the Batman. That lady even mentions his name "Robin." So, what could this lead to? I don't know any Robins by the name of "Robin."

I'm from the Pittsburgh region. Rougly 27 miles north of Pittsburgh. One thing I enjoyed about the movie was recognizing all those football players and locations. I even laughed at UPMC on the scoreboard at Gotham City Rogue's Field (Heinz Field) which stands for University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Also, the extras in the crowd did a horrible job looking petrified. You could tell they were not paid actors/actresses. Overall, this was a great movie. I enjoyed all of three equally, because it was one giant plot. Batman Begins was the exposition. The Dark Knight was the climax, and The Dark Knight Rises was the resolution.

On that note, I agree with Longo. I felt they were focusing more on Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, which could mean more to that cliff-hanger. Also, I can't wait for the the film to come out. I sure would love subtitles to understand what Bane was he was saying.

BONUS QUESTION! Who kicked the football? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a football player.

Alex and I will be co-running a roundtable of Dark Knight Rises. We need two people to join us. :) Anyone up for it? I'm thinking we record on Friday and it goes on the site next Monday. Anyone available and willing this Friday? for sex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle