That's just what i needed

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Prompted by VinylFuzz talking about beating Metal Gear Solid 2 once again, what is a piece of mass media entertainment (video game, movie, book, tv show, etc.) that you make an effort to return to on a regular basis? Do you make it a yearly tradition or do you go to it when you're in a certain mood? What one thing is your absolute "go-to" on a rainy day?

Mass Effect.

It's my favourite series. It's a series I've gone through on several occasions on different formats. PC, PS3 and even the Wii U. The PC is my favourite variation of course.

Since I have all the DLC, it's for sure my favourite "go to" game when I need something to play. Even a quick spur of multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 is still loads of fun for me.

used44 said:
What one thing is your absolute "go-to" on a rainy day?

heavy-rain-screens_08-18-09.jpg

Anyways, I want to go back and play my PS2 games since it's been over 5 years since I touched the console.

You're probably going to think it's stupid, but I read the Battle Royale manga about once a year. Just get the urge to read it that happens to come round annually. I fucking love the story and the art.

Game-wise...I dunno. I probably hop onto Wind Waker maybe once every two years, but that's about it.

Scrubs.

I'm actually in the process of watching through the entire series for probably the 5th time right now.

A childish Mario game. I don't know which one or which console, but I get addicted to one every summer

On rainy or snowy days when I have nothing better to do, I will play Heroes of Might and Magic III, for (and sweet merciful crap, do I ever hate this word) nostalgia purposes.

Books.Children's books. I don't read books for adults, because clearly they have stupid themes and don't understand anything about people. My brain is still stuck at fourteen.

It used to be Harry Potter, the yearly tradition (on no particular day). Or The Seventh Tower, or A Series of Unfortunate Events. Even before that, more like when I actually was fourteen or younger, it was all the rest of my books -- Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys, The Babysitters Club (although I wasn't really into them; I just kept receiving them from people), Boxcar Children, Louis Sachar books, and even those reader books that have collections of poems and short short stories in 144 pt font for primary grades kids.

I'm kind of growing out of that a bit, and I'm a little more likely now to watch tv shows instead. Depending on my mood, I either want to watch something cute and comedic (Pushing Daisies, or nichijou), or something more dramatic like Grey's Anatomy (because I have invested much time into that show).

I want to say, as I am reminded of ASoUE, that some media have really good reason to go back to them, and that's pretty magical. They're good because they use whatever your set of experiences are at the time of engagement to give you an adventure; it changes or develops over time, with you. Mmmmm.

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Whenever times are rough I just think about that poor bastard, Larry David. Suddenly, things seem prettyyy good.

World of Warcraft..

Life has been pretty meh lately, too much work not enough time to myself. Gettin strong cravings to get lost in WoW... the expansion pack looks promising.

I love the Kingskiller books by Rothfuss. I read them fairly often since they're pretty short as far as fantasy go.

Familiar TV shows are always nice...even when you have seen the episode a million times. How I Met Your Mother or Parks & Rec does it for me...or The Office. Never gets old.

I've mentioned it before but I will still fire up Super Dodge Ball and Shadow of Yserbius from time to time when I get in nostalgic moods.

I did the same for EQ but the magic seems to be gone from that one for me.

Tried to play Gemstone III again, but now they want $14.99 a month for a text based MUD that I used to play for free on Prodigy (probably dating myself with that one)

Music, nothing really.

Movies, I don't actively seek it out to watch it, and I don't even own a copy but for some reason if I'm flipping through channels and I see Batman Returns on, I will watch it even though I've seen it more than probably any other movie I can think of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133