To archive with it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maca2kx

Rookie
Now the saga is finally over after 12 pages of babbling it has been requested for the T4C topic to be sent to Archive. Before I do that I'd like opinions of mods and posters alike, before anyone asks I have no intention on filtering the crap this time since pretty much all the topic is arguably spam but adds to the topic as a whole. So yes or no?

Sam

I agree with Mala, but I also think we should archive it anyway, because at this point there is little we can add to the TFC topic.

It was closed for a valid reason, it was being used as a vessel for spam. There was nothing more to say about T4C, we all get how ridiculous the guys there are. Try keep on topic guys.

And yeah, it should be archived.

JCD said:
It was closed for a valid reason, it was being used as a vessel for spam. There was nothing more to say about T4C, we all get how ridiculous the guys there are. Try keep on topic guys.

And yeah, it should be archived.

Not to mention it was inactive for 3 weeks before some dude we've never heard of pops up asking for us to take part in an "attack" on another site, shutting it down, which is an illegal offense.

I don't even think it should be archived personally. There were some great quotes and what not, but most of the 12 pages is a testament to the idiocy of humanity.

That too Kurt, I forgot about the lack of activity.
Longo_2_guns said:
Just delete the spam posts. I was planning on using it again soon.
Make a new topic. Call it the Funny Fundies or something.

I closed it because it was almost a month since the last post, 'debate' had obviously ceased and Ghoul resurrected it to build his ranks for an attack on another board that the majority of the posters had already admitted wasn't going to happen. It was an old topic that had been needlessly dug up so I closed it, simple.

Longo if you wanted to use it for a valid reason then feel free to make another topic but that one will be kept clear of posts alluding to spamming the boards up.

Sam

Since when has a topic needed to be a debate to be a valid source of enjoyable discussion? If Ghoul's plotting was problematic you could have just told him to cease and desist. Being old is no reason to damn a resurrected topic, unless it's something that has completely concluded, like a poll.

I don't think it's that much of a big deal in this instance, I just think that closing is an insulting act to the community. When no rules are being broken, it's basically saying you guys aren't fit to talk about this anymore.

I'm not saying anything of the sort, if anything else needs to be said by all means make a topic. That topic was brought back by Ghoul and no fresh posts were being made other than to react to his posts, I didn't close it because I don't trust GRians to continue a topic sensibly, I closed it because it had already died its death and was then primed for being used as a breeding ground for Ghoul's internet army.

Sam

I think, by your keenness to delete spam topics in an example before now, there are other ways of stopping that than closing a very large thread.

I was more or less thinking it was deletion-worthy, as opposed to archive-worthy.
Shouldn't you be archiving the best of the best threads, instead of the ones which get GR into trouble, and could potentially spawn problems?

maca2kx said:
pretty much all the topic is arguably spam
I think that's your answer right there. Why archive spam?

You're missing the entire ethos of the site you're at with an attitude like that, mc. GR has never shied away from clashes of ideology with potential trouble causing morons. Randy Ross is just another Jack Thompson. One of the reason GR rocks is it's not afraid of stirring the pot. Definitely archive worthy.

Mala, his job is to delete spam. (among other things) If the topic was not being used on a regular basis there was no need for it to remain open. It would only mean more work for maca and the misc mods if they had to keep checking that topic for spam every time a new post was made. If it means so much to you all, start a new topic.

I know what a mod does JCD, thanks. That topic had no more potential for spam than it did at page one. What it did have was a well of already posed sentiments that had the feasible potential of being interestingly challenged or discussed! I'm not saying they would, and the topic was likely going to fade into the distance, but ending with a closure is bizarre to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod