Systems ahead of their time.

pres50

Rookie
What do you guys think was the most advanced game console for it's time? I'd say the jaguar or 32x.

I dunno, I might have to lean towards the Panasonic 3D0. That was a pretty damn rad system for its time.

By the way, this should have been posted in the General Topics forum.

MattAY said:
erm...xbox 360?

its literally in its own generation at the mo :p
Err, I wouldn't call the 360 "ahead of its time," since what we're seeing being done on the 360 is pretty much the norm today.

What about the Wii? Although it still needs to be proven by the mainstream audience, (which I don't think is a problem) it's control scheme is very different and nothing like we've seen before.

As for past systems, Sega CD was definitly a big one, the first CD using game machine. This was Dreamcasts father basically...to bad this was also Dreamcast's demise.

I don't know about "ahead of it's time", but the N64 was really a kick-ass system. I mean, I remember seeing the commercials for it when it first came out, and I was like, OMFG, 3D worlds! (Paper Mario, was it?) Mayaps more revolutionary than anything, but that was really cool.

trust_no_one said:
I don't know about "ahead of it's time", but the N64 was really a kick-ass system. I mean, I remember seeing the commercials for it when it first came out, and I was like, OMFG, 3D worlds! (Paper Mario, was it?) Mayaps more revolutionary than anything, but that was really cool.
Probably not ahead of its time. PlayStation was released over a year prior in Japan, and N64 still used cartridges.

masterchris said:
trust_no_one said:
Probably not ahead of its time. PlayStation was released over a year prior in Japan, and N64 still used cartridges.

But....!

Rumble packs!
Memory packs!

Uhh....And...Stuff >_>.

Dreamcast

It was launched before PS 2 and Gamecube and really started the era of the generation of gaming we know now. It also couldn't keep up with those systems released after it, one of the many reasons for its decline.

haha! Virtual Boy WAS way ahead of it's time wasn't it....

Hopefully more innovation happens for the next 10 years in the Industry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle