So will there ever be a Marvel VS Capcom 3?

GhostTrip

Rookie
I was playing MvC 2 last night with some good friends and we realized this game is fairly old... so why the hell wasn't a third game made?

I still think it'd be cool to see Activision be the big guy for once and tell Capcom to go ahead and make a third game anyway

as much as i would love to see sandman vs the nemesis, nightcrawler vs blanka, or ghost rider vs Dante It's not gonna happen

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with 200 balanced yet equally awesome and fun characters would be my dream.
However, such a thing would take 20 years to make.
*Sigh*

Someone needs to cut the shit and give us a Marvel vs. DC game. Except instead of making it a lame 1vs1 fighter, make it some sort of THQ wrestling game styled system. Oh yeah.

I think that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a fairly overrated game. When you come down to it. It's really just a frantic button-masher.

Lord_Fornelius said:
I think that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a fairly overrated game. When you come down to it. It's really just a frantic button-masher.

Not really, this is a game you can't win by button mashing. Like all other Capcom fighting games (see, Street Fighter), this game has different moves and combos programmed into it for you to memorize. Because of this, the people who know their moves will always beat the button mashers. The computer opponents will also always beat the button mashers simply because they are programmed to know the moves already.

Lord_Fornelius said:

The first Marvel vs. Capcom is better. The second, while having an outstanding amount of characters, still felt like it was thrown together quickly. And that music...I feel like stabbing myself in the forehead.

Take you for a ride...*horn section*...Take you for a ride...

schimmel said:
Lord_Fornelius said:

Not really, this is a game you can't win by button mashing. Like all other Capcom fighting games (see, Street Fighter), this game has different moves and combos programmed into it for you to memorize. Because of this, the people who know their moves will always beat the button mashers. The computer opponents will also always beat the button mashers simply because they are programmed to know the moves already.

Oh, please. I remember 2 weeks ago, that I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with a friend of mine, who rarely plays games, and he was obviosly just mashing every button and completely whooped my ass. Even while playing as the characters that I know the moves to.

used44 said:
Someone needs to cut the shit and give us a Marvel vs. DC game. Except instead of making it a lame 1vs1 fighter, make it some sort of THQ wrestling game styled system. Oh yeah.

There was a Marvel VS DC game... on the SNES. :D

A few years ago a couple of Tagmonkey members got together for April Fool's and made some mock up MvC3 screen shots and posted them across the net, a terrible shit storm followed and now we don't pull stunts quite like that anymore. :/

Lord_Fornelius said:
Oh, please. I remember 2 weeks ago, that I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with a friend of mine, who rarely plays games, and he was obviosly just mashing every button and completely whooped my ass. Even while playing as the characters that I know the moves to.

That just shows you suck against scrubs. :p

Diabolus said:
Lord_Fornelius said:

The first Marvel vs. Capcom is better. The second, while having an outstanding amount of characters, still felt like it was thrown together quickly. And that music...I feel like stabbing myself in the forehead.

Take you for a ride...*horn section*...Take you for a ride...

My buddy had a "remix": hack version of the game where there are real songs in it from ACDC, Chili Peppers, etc. However the character selection tune was "Die Motherfucker Die Motherfucker Die" every 5 seconds. After awhile "take you for a ride" didn't seem so bad.

It would be pretty cool if you could play Leon Kennedy and Frank West in the new MVC3 if it ever happens to come out.

Yeah man, or like someone pointed out Dante! That would be awesome. Ah well, at least Capcom knows we want it!!!

Well, with Street Fighter IV out the door it wouldn't be surprising. The last game sold very well and as you might already know has a huge and rabid fanbase. At the very least it's not out of the question.

Grey said:
used44 said:

There was a Marvel VS DC game... on the SNES. :D

Well, was it any good?

From what I can remember, It actually wasn't that bad.

Ashino said:
Well, with Street Fighter IV out the door it wouldn't be surprising. The last game sold very well and as you might already know has a huge and rabid fanbase. At the very least it's not out of the question.

It is until Capcom can get hold of license again. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133