So Gamespot's jumped the shark

-FCM-

Rookie
Just read the best of 2007 feature. Between the Rock Band instruments winning best hardware and Bioshock not even being nominated for best Xbox360 game, it's safe to say they have no idea what they're doing anymore. Not to mention their best music/rhythm game, in which Parappa for PSP was completely ignored in the wake of a filler nomination of some Hannah Montannah game, that they didn't even review.

Also, I don't understand their random prejudice against Mass Effect. They didn't seem to give very good reasons as to why the game got an 8.5, and it was accused of containing several of the "worst trends of '07", including God of War button mashing (!?)

It's too bad, it used to be a really good, reliable site, second only to GR. This seemed to be happening even before the whole firing debacle.

Wow that list really makes me wonder if they played the games or are just jotting down random titles in a half assed attempt to make an 07 list

I noticed this months ago, even pre-gamegate. It is basically turned into the whore for the advertisers, they give the money and influence the votes.

Bad business in my book, or good, if you like greed.

We should start a boycott of Gamespot. Send E-mails to all the other videogame info sites. No more going to gamespot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle