Snow Crash

HK-47

Rookie
A quick question, a simple sentence will suffice.
It was mentioned a few times on GR so I had to go and try it out.
Was it Duke that mentioned it; and it had better have been in the Manifesto.

yeah dude. get steinbeck's dispatches from ww2. i picked it up randomly because it was the only thing i thought i could stand from the hippy bookstore at nepenthe.

absolutely incredible. i hope someday i can write half that well.

I have them however I've only read excerpts. I studied early 20th century authors in college. It was my major for about a year and a half. East of Eden is probably my favorite read because there is so much of him within the story.

Oprah had to go ruin it for me by adding it to her book club, but sometimes that can help you get the womens... that is if you are the the type who discusses great American literature to try to pick up women...

Like i do...

Anyhow, Steinbeck is truly my favorite author. For anybody interested I suggest The Pearl and The Moon is Down, to great short stories that are really quick reads. Then get something like Cannery Row or Grapes of Wrath so you can have material for an emergency book report. Then, when you are comfortable with John- pick up East of Eden and you won't put it down.

I was going to read the Grapes of Wrath for an english essay but was put off due to the books size, so I went with I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
We should have a topic on the misc. board decicated to literature as a whole.

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York!

I've read the plot outline for Snow Crash, and I must say, the samurai hacker thing turned me off.

I pictured a bunch of hentai and anime nerds sitting around reading this book. If it's not as nerdy as it sounds, I may check it out. I just can't get into the whole anime, "badass lone samurai" thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod