Reviewing Games With No Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorky

Veteran
Ok. I'm a really big fan of a game called Road Rash 64, and I really wanted to review it. However, when I looked for it, you had no review for it, so I couldn't review it. I was just wondering if there is something you can do so we won't be limited to reviewing only those games that you guys have previously reviewed. Thanks.

I don't think you can. It's to keep people from reviewing games called "GRnd theift Oto" and "metle geer sOliD 33:snAk eetEr".

You can review Previews, also. So disregard TNO's post. Since it is silly. Everyone knows it is stupid that we can only review games GR has reviewed or previewed, since it is such a limited selection. It also limits the games in my collection. And the fact that every console isn't listed refrains me from actually listing all the consoles I own. I would love for all these "features" to work properly.

Right. Disregard my post. Because, you know, that's just what dUKE told me, and obviously since he's running the site, he doesn't know what's going on. Yup.

You guys are really going out of your way to hate me.

Reader reviews are not limited to only games reviewed and previewed. As long as the game is featured in some way on GR's site, you can review it. If it has a cheats page for it, screenshots page for it, review page for it, etc. then you can write a review. And since there are plenty of cheats the worry of not finding your game is minute I'd think.

Yes, there are cheats for Road Rash 64 so you can write a review for it.

Ted_Wolff said:
Reader reviews are not limited to only games reviewed and previewed. As long as the game is featured in some way on GR's site, you can review it. If it has a cheats page for it, screenshots page for it, review page for it, etc. then you can write a review. And since there are plenty of cheats the worry of not finding your game is minute I'd think.

Yes, there are cheats for Road Rash 64 so you can write a review for it.
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks, Ted.

Oh, and TNO, I don't hate you. You're an excellent mod, er, GrandMaster.

trust_no_one said:
Right. Disregard my post. Because, you know, that's just what dUKE told me, and obviously since he's running the site, he doesn't know what's going on. Yup.

It's One. Need I say more?

I have only put out one review and personaly...I think that one sucks :cry:

But MANY more will come, I promise(or somthing like that) 8)

FireWall said:
trust_no_one said:

You are both retards. I never went out of my way to hate anyone. So stop going out of your way to hate me. I SAID TO DISREGARD WHAT HE SAID SINCE IT MOSTLY HELD NO RELEVANCE TO THE TOPIC!

One said:
FireWall said:
trust_no_one said:

You are both retards. I never went out of my way to hate anyone. So stop going out of your way to hate me. I SAID TO DISREGARD WHAT HE SAID SINCE IT MOSTLY HELD NO RELEVANCE TO THE TOPIC!

*Simsy jumps on the hate bandwagon*

I hope you all fester in the slimy pits of hell! Whilst large rats chew on your pancreas!

Heck, I drove the long way home yesterday, just so I could go out of my way to hate you all more.

heh...

Seriously though, I don't really understand the purpose of reader reviews anyway. This is largely a game reviews website. It has people paid to write featured reviews for games. Why would I want to read a "reader review" when I could read the actual review? For an outside opinion? Right... I'm sure I could find someone to write a review giving Superman 64 a perfect 10. There's a reason I don't trust reader reviews, after all. The GR folks have some accountability.

trust_no_one said:

I rather hear that from the boss rather than from the messenger boy.. :roll:

XboxLiveLover said:
I rather hear that from the boss rather than from the messenger boy.. :roll:

That's messenger man, to you. And, that's what I'm here for, so that dUKE and the rest of the crew worrying about the rest of the site don't have to be concerned with anything that happens here that I can handle. I spoke to dUKE about the review issue before and that's the response I got from him. Now, the issue is being addressed here, so I answered it. Perhaps one day down the road when a newbie asks the same thing, you could then 'pass it on" and inform te newbie yourself.

you can also review any game by going to the cheats code page for that game. there is a link in the lower right. tno is right about why we dont let people type in their own titles though. we're working on making it easier for people to review any title by selecting it from a list.

mynameinmonkey has also provided you with a handy link.

cheers,

d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod