Possibility of an upcoming/currently reviewing feature?

Ok I have been away from this site for a long time, so I apologize if this has become one of those "stop asking that" questions (I really don't remember if it was one way back when, so i'm taking a shot :roll: ).

Since GR isn't a Gamespot or IGN that reviews almost every game that comes out (understandably so), is there any chance you guys could add a "currently reviewing" or "upcoming reviews" feature on the main page? Maybe even only do this for the full-time reviewers like Ben, Joe, etc. But I don't "think" this would be too difficult to do (coming from the guy who has nothing to do with making it happen), and could be a very useful feature. I know this would completely cut out all of the crappy "r u gunna review dis game?" topics, but also could give people browsing the site by chance a reason to stop back by to check out the upcoming review. Just a thought.

i actually like that suggestion. i think it would probably go best on our staff profile pages.

currently reviewing: bully, neverwinter nights 2

d

Cool, i'm glad you like the idea. But what do you mean by staff profile pages? The only staff info that I know of is from the staff link at the bottom of the main page, next to grading system/contact GR. I don't know if that's what you meant, but there aren't really profiles there, just links to you all's email adresses. :?

Cool. I look forward to your review on Bully. I've been snooping around at other sites and it seems that they all have very positive things to say about it. I was thinking about renting it, but i might just buy it, pending perhaps on your review. Ooooh the pressure!

TheNesMan said:
Cool. I look forward to your review on Bully. I've been snooping around at other sites and it seems that they all have very positive things to say about it. I was thinking about renting it, but i might just buy it, pending perhaps on your review. Ooooh the pressure!
Trust me, you are going to want to buy it.

Longo_2_guns said:
No. That is retarded.

Well, Canis Canum Edit is the official name for the game once known as Bully. The phrase means 'Dog eat dog' in latin.

They changed it following the controversy over the game which was all based around the title. Funny how changing the title can change the game from being a 'Columbine simulator' to being a 'courageous story of standing up for yourself'.

Tyrranis said:
Longo_2_guns said:
No. That is retarded.

Well, Canis Canum Edit is the official name for the game once known as Bully. The phrase means 'Dog eat dog' in latin.

They changed it following the controversy over the game which was all based around the title. Funny how changing the title can change the game from being a 'Columbine simulator' to being a 'courageous story of standing up for yourself'.

That and from my understanding, Rockstar had featured a demo of rather questionable content for those managers at game stores and people in the industry just to get hype going and then said "actually you don't piss on kids, and drown their heads in toilets, you stand up for the little guy!". That's what I was told. Not sure how much truth there is to that or not.

Tyrranis said:
Longo_2_guns said:
No. That is retarded.

Not in the only country that matters. The official name is still Bully, they just changed it a little for Wimp Island aka England.

LetheanDreams said:
Tyrranis said:
Longo_2_guns said:
No. That is retarded.

That and from my understanding, Rockstar had featured a demo of rather questionable content for those managers at game stores and people in the industry just to get hype going and then said "actually you don't piss on kids, and drown their heads in toilets, you stand up for the little guy!". That's what I was told. Not sure how much truth there is to that or not.
Good advertising tactics i suppose.

maca2kx said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Tyrranis said:
Longo_2_guns said:
No. That is retarded.

Not in the only country that matters. The official name is still Bully, they just changed it a little for Wimp Island aka England.

It's funny how 'England' can now encapsulate Europe and Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_(video_game)

Sam
My bad. I thought that it was just UK. Still, when you are around other people only call it Bully. That is a way to stick it to those damn family first antibully groups.

EDIT: this made me laugh a little
Currys and PC World, both owned by DSG International plc said that they wish to not sell the game in the UK because it is "not appropriate for Currys' family-friendly image". The official statement lists what Currys believes is "the explicit link between violence and children" as the reason behind the ban, and continues: "We haven't taken this decision lightly, particularly considering the excellent relationship we have with Rockstar." However despite this decision other high street retailers including Game, HMV and Woolworths have all announced an intention to stock the game.[7] Interestingly, DSG stores still stock other Rockstar games including the GTA series, and other violent games like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

I can't see their logic. Okay, if you don't want to carry games like that, don't carry GTA. I mean seriously, where the hell do they draw the line?

Ignore the controversy. It's just the current leading generation trying to focus their fuck ups on us, meanwhile saying that we are the generation that will need to fix the world's problems so that all they have left to do is sit back and bathe themselves in their own bullsh*t.

Guan_Yu said:
Just out of curiosity, is anyone reviewing Mortal Kombat: Armageddon?

I'm hoping to see Gr's spin on this as well, IGN's review left a horrible taste in my mouth, clearly playing the game no longer than half an hour, nothings as deep and epic as he claims to be, and might possibly be the most disapointing game in 06

Icepick said:
Guan_Yu said:
Just out of curiosity, is anyone reviewing Mortal Kombat: Armageddon?

I'm hoping to see Gr's spin on this as well, IGN's review left a horrible taste in my mouth, clearly playing the game no longer than half an hour, nothings as deep and epic as he claims to be, and might possibly be the most disapointing game in 06

I am actually thoroughly enjoying it myself, I am just curious to see what GR has to say about it.

It seems as though with this game everyone loves it or is disappointed by it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod