Possibility of an upcoming/currently reviewing feature?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tarheels-Returns, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Tarheels-Returns

Ok I have been away from this site for a long time, so I apologize if this has become one of those "stop asking that" questions (I really don't remember if it was one way back when, so i'm taking a shot :roll: ).

Since GR isn't a Gamespot or IGN that reviews almost every game that comes out (understandably so), is there any chance you guys could add a "currently reviewing" or "upcoming reviews" feature on the main page? Maybe even only do this for the full-time reviewers like Ben, Joe, etc. But I don't "think" this would be too difficult to do (coming from the guy who has nothing to do with making it happen), and could be a very useful feature. I know this would completely cut out all of the crappy "r u gunna review dis game?" topics, but also could give people browsing the site by chance a reason to stop back by to check out the upcoming review. Just a thought.

2. dUKE

dUKE Rookie

i actually like that suggestion. i think it would probably go best on our staff profile pages.

currently reviewing: bully, neverwinter nights 2

d

3. Tarheels-Returns

Cool, i'm glad you like the idea. But what do you mean by staff profile pages? The only staff info that I know of is from the staff link at the bottom of the main page, next to grading system/contact GR. I don't know if that's what you meant, but there aren't really profiles there, just links to you all's email adresses. :?

4. dUKE

dUKE Rookie

5. Tarheels-Returns

Oh :oops: thanks. Well I hope you can get the other writers to follow suit!

6. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Cool. I look forward to your review on Bully. I've been snooping around at other sites and it seems that they all have very positive things to say about it. I was thinking about renting it, but i might just buy it, pending perhaps on your review. Ooooh the pressure!

7. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Trust me, you are going to want to buy it.

8. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Don't forget to call it Canus Canum Edit, or whatever it is.

9. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

No. That is retarded.

10. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Well, Canis Canum Edit is the official name for the game once known as Bully. The phrase means 'Dog eat dog' in latin.

They changed it following the controversy over the game which was all based around the title. Funny how changing the title can change the game from being a 'Columbine simulator' to being a 'courageous story of standing up for yourself'.

11. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

That and from my understanding, Rockstar had featured a demo of rather questionable content for those managers at game stores and people in the industry just to get hype going and then said "actually you don't piss on kids, and drown their heads in toilets, you stand up for the little guy!". That's what I was told. Not sure how much truth there is to that or not.

12. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Not in the only country that matters. The official name is still Bully, they just changed it a little for Wimp Island aka England.

13. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Good advertising tactics i suppose.

14. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

It's funny how 'England' can now encapsulate Europe and Australia

Sam

15. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

My bad. I thought that it was just UK. Still, when you are around other people only call it Bully. That is a way to stick it to those damn family first antibully groups.

EDIT: this made me laugh a little

16. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I can't see their logic. Okay, if you don't want to carry games like that, don't carry GTA. I mean seriously, where the hell do they draw the line?

17. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

Just out of curiosity, is anyone reviewing Mortal Kombat: Armageddon?

18. -FCM-

-FCM- Rookie

Ignore the controversy. It's just the current leading generation trying to focus their fuck ups on us, meanwhile saying that we are the generation that will need to fix the world's problems so that all they have left to do is sit back and bathe themselves in their own bullsh*t.

19. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

I'm hoping to see Gr's spin on this as well, IGN's review left a horrible taste in my mouth, clearly playing the game no longer than half an hour, nothings as deep and epic as he claims to be, and might possibly be the most disapointing game in 06

20. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

I am actually thoroughly enjoying it myself, I am just curious to see what GR has to say about it.

It seems as though with this game everyone loves it or is disappointed by it.