Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Nintendo Wii

• Total voters

SyNeRgY

Rookie
I wanna hear some thoughts on this... which one is gonna be better or worse..... i believe the ps3 is gonna be the best because its gonna have everything the 360 has but more .... and the nintendo i have no clue since the gamecube was a disaster.

I find it a bit difficult to choose between three systems, if two of them hasn't been released yet...(2/3 = majority)

I respect the way Nintendo is trying out new ideas. However, the games make the console and I'm a bit concerned that Nintendo isn't going to have enough supporters for this new technology. I'm also a bit afraid that the games are going to be too one-sided, concentrating on finding new ways to use the stick, rather than making working and interesting games. At least in the beginning.

I'll say PS3 for now, since PS's have had the widest range of brilliant games so far. However, it's way too early to pick...

im also kind of on the fence in terms of which will be good.

360 is doing ok, but it needs to be vastly improved by the time the other 2 come out this year...

Nintendo has a chance to do something great, and if they pull it off, it will definitly change the way we play.

PS3 I find is going to continue the same path it's on now, which is not bad, but it doesn't "WOW" me to much.

I am voting Wii, but its to early to tell.

I'll go with the Playstation 3 even though it'll cost a couple of thousand dollars.
It'll have the most cool features,
but I've always loved Sony and all the third party support they get,
so you can consider this a fanboy post if you want.

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
I'll go with the Playstation 3 even though it'll cost a couple of thousand dollars.

It's not going to cost anything less that six hundred, it can't. Because if it does-no one will buy it. 400$ for the upgraded 360 is more than most people can afford. If the system costs 1000 or more, the games could easily cost 100$ a pop. In which case people will shrug it off. What's the use of an abundance of features and cool stuff if you can't afford to pay for it? They'd kill their market and their company.

No less than 800$. Nintendo is flopping, I'm sorry to say but they have to provide results, and to answer your question how GC was a disater.

Have you ever played online with GC? You were suppose to be able to. How many titles beyond REmake, RE0, some of the Mario titles and Zelda does Nintendo have an exclusive hold on? They couldn't hold on to the RE series, and they can't seem to pump out appealing games. They may have one or two, but not enough for anyone to have bought a gamecube.

And xbox has what it will have and will help it succeed unless someone does it better-online console gaming. Thanks to bungie, halo, and MS servers they have the most reliable, easy to use and exploitative onlining experience. They have decent multi console games with a few unique strong titles that are worth paying money for, and their graphics are to gander at.

Honestly, I think this whole generation (ps3, 360, Wii) is rushed, and they should have exploited their previous systems a bit longer. Xbox can still hold its own against the basic model 360 and has all the advantages of the upgraded one for 400$ just less graphical power.

Gamecube still has a lot of potential Nintendo could milk it for, and PS2 though again the underpowered one is still winning out for their quality games and their vast library of them at that. They rushed and their porducts will be expesnive and buggy. I wouldn't doubt that when the whole of this generation is finally released each company takes longer to fix the problems and pump out games to make revenue before rushing any next generation. It would be a diaster, especially how (at least) the american economy is doing.

yea thats what i was going to say...dark_legacy already said it..... gamecube was not online and the main focuse of their games were for childs and kids.... ... the new Nintendo wii might be good .. idk tho ... i think the ps3 is gonna win this....

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
It'll have the most cool features,
but I've always loved Sony and all the third party support they get,
so you can consider this a fanboy post if you want.

what???
the ps3 is gonna cost bout $399 just like the xbox 360 did... what are u talking about

The PS3 and 360 are going to be too similar and probably have 90% of the same games for them anyway, at least with the Wii you should get something a little different.

SyNeRgY said:
what???
the ps3 is gonna cost bout $399 just like the xbox 360 did... what are u talking about

Already been confirmed it won't cost less than $425, so it will be $425-500.

SyNeRgY said:
yea thats what i was going to say...dark_legacy already said it..... gamecube was not online and the main focuse of their games were for childs and kids....

That still doesn't make it a complete "diaster", although it got into 3rd place it still had more 3rd party than N64, and out of all 3 co.'s nintnedo made the most profit. It still sold 20 million worldwide slightly less than xbox at 22 million.

Sergant_Andrew_S said:
That still doesn't make it a complete "diaster", although it got into 3rd place it still had more 3rd party than N64, and out of all 3 co.'s nintnedo made the most profit. It still sold 20 million worldwide slightly less than xbox at 22 million.

It doesnt matter how much money the gamecube made....... the gamecube is not even close to the xbox.... the xbox is soo much better than the gamecube.... this has already been posted by Dark_Legacy.... .. compare the xbox to the gamecube and then come back to here to post your results... :lol:

SyNeRgY said:
....... the gamecube is not even close to the xbox.... the xbox is soo much better than the gamecube...:

That's an opinion and everyone has one, still that doesn't prove that the GC was a "Disaster" a disaster is something like the Dremacast that failed in it's early stages.

SyNeRgY said:
Sergant_Andrew_S said:

It doesnt matter how much money the gamecube made....... the gamecube is not even close to the xbox.... the xbox is soo much better than the gamecube.... this has already been posted by Dark_Legacy.... .. compare the xbox to the gamecube and then come back to here to post your results... :lol:

The gamecube didn't sell as well as Nintendo would have liked, nor did it have all the 3rd party support that a lot of gamers would have liked...but it was not a disaster. While 3rd party titles we're most times better on the Xbox, the GCN had more exclusive must-haves thanks to Nintendo's impressinve in-house development teams.

Sony should really start snapping up some of it's major hitters, Nintendo has it's core titles locked away because they own them, MS have snapped up a lot of companies over the last few years (Bungie being seemingly most important) that mean they have a few titles to be guranteed exclusives. Sony's success just rides on selling more consoles then everyone else, and pulling the 3rd party titles their way with an impressive install base....but with the 360's lead and the Wii's cheaper price there could be a bit of a challange.

To put it simply, the PS2 had the head start and sold well. Because it sold well developers made a lot of games for it, and because there was a lot of games more people brought it and so forth. It wasn't that Sony or the PS2 were "better" then the Xbox and Gamecube, technology wise and in-house wise it was inferrior to both....it just was riding the wave of its success....if that ride doesn't pick up the PS3 Sony is fairly boned....

...do you think that developers just really like Sony and want to make games for them because they are best buds? or that Sony just made all it's great titles itself? I'm not trying to say that PS2 wasn't a success...ofcourse it was, but that doesn't mean the PS3 is guranteed too....I'm just saying Sony should be very careful.

I don't quite understand what Sony fanboys attach themselves too, I know for Nintendo fanboys it's the first party games like Zelda, Mario, Metriod...for Microsoft it's the service....xbox live and the accessable interface of the 360....but for Sony what is it? The 3rd party support? I just find it hard to credit sony for that.

Funny though, when I first signed up for this forum back in 2001 I was pretty much a Sony fanboy who hated Microsoft and thought that Nintendo only made kiddy games....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle