Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Movie)

schimmel

Rookie
Anyone see it yet? The only reviews I can find are by people who don't really acknowledge that it's based on (arugably) one of the best games for the last console generation. I want gamer opinions, people, if you've seen the movie but haven't played the game don't bother posting here.

So why can't it be based on the old Sierra side scrolling puzzle game from the early 90's? Why does it have to be based on something from the last console generation?

Why do you want to put POP IN A BOX???

I don't know, the sidescroller was pretty sweet too. Bigger question though, Stal: why haven't you signed up for Survivor yet?

I think it looks like its gonna completely suck like most video game movies do. I hate Gylenhaal.

Hlallu said:
I think it looks like its gonna completely suck like most video game movies do. I hate Gylenhaal.
I concur. I could name ten off the top of my head if I wanted to

So I just came back from seeing it and I have to say that it would have been a much better movie were it simply titled "Prince of Persia" and not "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time." I say this because other than the concept of the dagger the movie had almost nothing to do with the game. The princess doesn't have the same name, which was something I just thought would be a given seeing as it was based on the game.

Throughout the movie the Prince (I refuse to call him Dastan, the character should be nameless) looks more like Altair than the actual prince in the games, the dagger comes into his possession wrong, the hourglass, until the end of the movie, is non-existent, and when it is it looks nothing like the hourglass in the games, nor is it in the right spot. There wasn't even a single sand monster.

As a summer blockbuster movie and as a standalone story in the PoP storyline it's not bad, but being based on one of my favorite games for the original Xbox, it was a huge disappointment.

Sim Sim Salabim, the power of the video game based movie cursed still has its power. We seen this in many movies. Super mario bros, street fighter both movies, double dragon, Hitman, and so on and so forth its a curse that stays just like movie based games. (Totaly nonrelated I want a live action movie of Johny Quest.)

If you watched any of the interviews they changed parts of the movie from the game on purpose. Simply to make it stand on 'its own' rather than try to completely mimic a game in which people will bitch about it. Regardless, the people will bitch.

What they SHOULD have done is had 1 scene where Prince attempts to do a side wall run, jumps and misses the ledge but right before he falls to his death he rewinds time and tries it again... and again .. and again.

kingg5 said:
Sim Sim Salabim, the power of the video game based movie cursed still has its power. We seen this in many movies. Super mario bros, street fighter both movies, double dragon, Hitman, and so on and so forth its a curse that stays just like movie based games. (Totaly nonrelated I want a live action movie of Johny Quest.)

you just named the worst of the worst, this is at least a good movie, just not if you played the game.

And I would hate to see a God of War movie. Hollywood would bend it over and rape it

Hlallu said:

why do you hate gyllenhaal?

i hate people who hate people for no reason.

it's a strong word.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Obviously, Hlallu and kingg5 are jealous because Gylenhaal got to kiss Heath Ledger.
You know me too well. I wish I could quit you and Schimmel tis true I classify it with the worst cause it was nothing like the game. Hmm god of war movie does sound interesting but do not bring your blaspheme near here I don't even want to think of the possibility of another experience ruined I cried for months when I watched super mario bros, tomb raider,and hitman. It's like saying hey lets make a Metal Gear movie or a live action movie of final fantasy, it's just bad mojo to even speak of it

Oh, they've been planning that movie for years. It's not gonna happen any time soon, and if it did it sure as hell wouldn't be directed by Kurt Wimmer, since I could've sworn he opted out of it not too long ago.

Although they are making a Lost Planet movie. Which is gonna suck.

The only way a metal gear movie would be good is if they stuck to the game's story and Sean Connery played big boss

no, no god of war movie. absolutely not. hollywood would turn it into a 300 rip off, so no no no. and a metal gear movie would never work, not unless they dumbed it down to this: terrorists get a nuke and america sends in one man to stop him. and seriously, how many of those type of movies are there? no, metal gear movie would suck. has for lost planet... just be aliens in winter. no, hollywood needs to leave video games alone. enough is enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle