Ouya

Its weird b/c some games have "credits" to purchase - like old school arcade- insert a quarter, get a credit - continue play. I haven't looked deeper into that b/c i'm against feeling grifted. This is also why I have yet to pay to get past a demo. If I play it and I get hit with a paywall, I just delete the content. Off the top of my head some racing games and platformers operate like this. There are some games that let you play, seemingly w/o restriction, but they have a "full purchase mode" looming for you to click on which cheapens the experience for me b/c I wonder at what point will they stop me and also what is the difference in gameplay b/t the mode I'm playing in and the fully purchased mode their offering. I hate feeling like I'm being pitched to... with a passion.

FPse totally works on it, for an annoying $2.99. Today FF (w/ no sound) tomorrow Goldeneye (hopefully with several little screens)

The price of emulators on Android is indeed annoying, considering the same emulators are free on PC and aren't as stable.

While i tend to not like pirating on Android, it's definitely a good idea to torrent the emulators first to see if they work well on your device, and then buy them if they work so you can get updates and make the devs keep supporting them.

I haven't played it at all yet. To be honest, I can't find it outside of ordering it from Gamestop.

Still, by most reports its just...there, really. I hear no buzz whatsoever from anyone.

Ouya is such a joke. "We'll launch right before two much larger consoles that also happen to have self-publishing for indies and much bigger markets and..."

used44 said:
How are you guys feeling about Ouya now that it's been a few months?

The games are fun. I wish it was a bit more powerful. The emulators work, and the Twitch app is cool. They need a big name game though or find some cool niche other than the indie market.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod