[OT] Torchlight II

De-Ting

Rookie
Behold, Torchlight II.

This game feels more like Diablo III than Diablo III.

200710_screenshots_2012-09-20_00001_zpsf74cb690.jpg

The character creation looks a lot like Diablo III, even. But I can put spaces in my names, now! :shock:

200710_screenshots_2012-09-20_00002_zpsf8b28241.jpg

Here's an example of receiving a quest, which is now more variable and not exclusively handed out in town.

200710_screenshots_2012-09-20_00003_zpsd79e5c0a.jpg

Attack this dummy to test weapons, and even charge your special meter.

200710_screenshots_2012-09-20_00004_zps6036a3bd.jpg

Fishing acts the same, but now only the fishing holes in town will have unlimited stock. Now it's worth trying your luck at rare finds in every fishing hole you come across.

So, if you're one of the millions who enjoyed Diablo II, drop $20 on this game and relive that kind of fun in a fresh experience.

My berserker is feeling pretty OP at the moment. Do later levels get much harder because I feel constantly over-leveled and I'm only about 5 hours in.

danielrbischoff said:
My berserker is feeling pretty OP at the moment. Do later levels get much harder because I feel constantly over-leveled and I'm only about 5 hours in.

It depends on your difficulty level. If you're playing Normal, it never gets hard. If you're on Veteran, it starts getting fairly hard around the snow-area in Act 1 and stays consistently difficult.

If you're playing Elite... lol... have fun.

Or, you could be a really good player, that's always a possibility. Good gear, skill selection and such can really make a difference in Torchlight 2.

Decided engineers are potentially the best, and made a new character. This time taking the shield route.

Playing on veteran.

Canirunit.com says I can run it on both my laptop and desktop! Woot! Downloading the demo as we speak to confirm, then buying. How do I play with you guys?

drathbone said:
Canirunit.com says I can run it on both my laptop and desktop! Woot! Downloading the demo as we speak to confirm, then buying. How do I play with you guys?
You make a Runic games account and then add your friends and one of you makes a game.

We should get posting our IDs right now, actually. Mine's Tingz0r.

If my computer could run it I'd be playing it, I loved the first one so much. I know everyone says that Torchlight is low req but my Mac is super old (like 2007 or 2008). Hopefully it'll come to XBLA, the first one did and I think this one has a chance too as well since it's selling well. I still can't believe that as much as Torchlight 2 has to offer it's only $20, the first one was one of the best non-regrettable $15 purchases on XBLA I've ever done. Even though I haven't played either Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3 I feel like Torchlight 2 wins the battle.... Right? Yeah..... Right? Yeah.....

Oh Torchlight 2 hands down. Running it on my laptop just fine, almost a year old machine, and not top of the line then.

My laptop is weak and easily 3 years old (was like a walmart $199 laptop). I'm very suprised at how well it runs. Unfortunately my desktop is downloading TL2 at like 10kb/s so hopefully when I'm out of work tonight it'll be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle