• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• May

• Total voters
Icepick said:
I've tried it, had one great result, and several, shitty results within the year I gave it a shot

Ask for an up to date photo, looks may not mean the world, but if they're giving you a cheesy out dated photo, it's a good sign they lack self confidence and that could be an issue down the line

Also, white lies are everywhere, just train yourself not to believe anything they put on the profile, and get the info you want through talking to them on the site

And after 1 message, if the gal is ready to meet, odds are it wont go to well, sensible women like to make sure you're not apeshit crazy right away

Also, if the reason you're having a hard time meeting women is because you are to shy to be the approacher, the website wont change s***, you still gotta keep casting out your line, while women play the traditional role of sitting there waiting to be contacted

I know quite a few people in legit relationships that started because of a dating site, so there's a decent chance, but for every one of those, there's about 3 horror stories

All very reasonable, pretty much what I was thinking ahead of time.

As far as being shy, fellows, you have to conquer that regardless of what method you use. Luckily, I don't have that problem, mine is simply lack of area to really find a woman, plus there is a much larger pond to pick from. Never been a fan of bars, much less of a fan of the "woman" you find in them.

I'll point out this all stems from Urban's inability to bring more females here....

I tried it, and it didn't really work out for me. My friend who convinced me to try it however has and continues to have great success

My first girlfriend I met online.

My girlfriend now I met through Twitter and 2 1/2 years later we are having a kid. :) It's great!

Twitter is for famous people, you're supposed to follow them. You're all using it wrong!!

I've used badoo on my phone after a bad end to a lengthy...relationship. Don't have any real expectations for anything long-term, but met a few good hook-ups. If nothing else, it should get you laid.

Hm... Perhaps I answered that poll too hastily. I thought this was asking about online in general. I can't really speak from experience, since I've never used a dating site. A few friends have, and they've basically hooked up with people, or had short term things. I don't know anyone who's entered a long-term relationship through a dating site (not sure that I know comparatively many who have searched for one).

I do know many people who have found significant others through various chats/IRC/forums/facebook/&c., though, and are still together after several years. I encourage you to explore whatever avenues are available to you. I will say that I'm not sure you're going to escape the bar scene by going online. People are people... You've all kinds of things swimming around. Anyway, I've no further tips/cautions to add to what you already know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod