Online dating?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• May

• Total voters
Being that my job and all the other crap take up a good chunk of my time, and not having any great place for locals to gather and peruse, I've been giving this some thought. Anyways, I just figured I'd see what ya'll opinions are about online dating.

Pros, obvious cons, neutral items. Whats the deal, what do you think?

I know two different couples who met through online dating and are very happy and normal. Go for it.

Go for it man as long as it is a legit dating service otherwise I don't hear too many complaints from people about it.

I'd say go for it. You might find someone really great. And if you don't straight away just keep trying. It can't hurt.

Just make sure you're honest. You don't want to start a relationship based on some made up online version of yourself.

tigerlily521985 said:
Just make sure you're honest. You don't want to start a relationship based on some made up online version of yourself.
But don't get too deep until you're sure they're not trolling you.

Think about it - all of us would be brothers from other mothers if we met in real life. You can do that for love too I think.

De-Ting said:
tigerlily521985 said:
But don't get too deep until you're sure they're not trolling you.

Maybe I've still got too much faith in the human condition but I'm not so sure they'd pay for the privilege of trolling.

Like Maca said, if it's a reputable site where a paid subscription is required, you would assume that the chances of getting scammed or mislead would be very low.

UghRochester said:
Take TL's advice. She did it with JCD...which you probably don't know who JCD is.

She met JCD here, not through a dating site. I know it's still online but meeting by chance so freaky it's one step away from becoming a romcom and actively searching on a dating site are two different things.

220px-You've_Got_Mail.jpg

Rainemaida said:
Diid you not just read the "Chicks got a dick" topic?

If the OP is talking about meeting a girl on an actual dating website than that's different. I would recommend it.

I'm pretty sure legit dating websites are people who are who they say they are. I'd be less worried about their looks and more worried about their sanity.

maca2kx said:
UghRochester said:
Take TL's advice. She did it with JCD...which you probably don't know who JCD is.

She met JCD here, not through a dating site. I know it's still online but meeting by chance so freaky it's one step away from becoming a romcom and actively searching on a dating site are two different things.
Yes, Well, you know what I meant. :wink:

I've tried it, had one great result, and several, shitty results within the year I gave it a shot

Ask for an up to date photo, looks may not mean the world, but if they're giving you a cheesy out dated photo, it's a good sign they lack self confidence and that could be an issue down the line

Also, white lies are everywhere, just train yourself not to believe anything they put on the profile, and get the info you want through talking to them on the site

And after 1 message, if the gal is ready to meet, odds are it wont go to well, sensible women like to make sure you're not apeshit crazy right away

Also, if the reason you're having a hard time meeting women is because you are to shy to be the approacher, the website wont change shit, you still gotta keep casting out your line, while women play the traditional role of sitting there waiting to be contacted

I know quite a few people in legit relationships that started because of a dating site, so there's a decent chance, but for every one of those, there's about 3 horror stories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod